Differences could also be strengths
- Diversity of experience. Notebaert, Richard C. // Executive Excellence;Oct97, Vol. 14 Issue 10, p9
Discusses the advantages of workforce diversity. Ways to expand diversity; Description of the concept of `diversity of experience'; Effect of diversity on the bottom line of the company; Importance of pursuing the most advantageous mix of people.
- BUSINESS CULTURES AND ETIQUETTE. Schomer, Karine // Siliconindia;Oct2000, Vol. 4 Issue 10, p88
Focuses on the importance of managing cultural diversity in the workplace. Negative implications of not adequately managing cultural misunderstandings in the workplace; Impact of the current trend of globalization on business etiquette; Factors to consider when addressing cultural diversity in...
- Diversifying your credit staff. Black, Nancy J.; Prudente, David // Business Credit;Sep98, Vol. 100 Issue 8, p41
Focuses on diversification of ideas for commercial credit employees. Advantages of diversity in organizations; Details on how to creat an environment in which employees can develop skills; Information on the tool `The Spectrum of Diversity.' INSET: The Spectrum of Diversity.
- Diversity makes good business sense. Stewart, Bonnie // Westchester County Business Journal;10/21/2002, Vol. 41 Issue 42, p4
Discusses the advantages of cultural diversity in business organizations. Utilization of people's differences and similarities in support of the organization's objectives; Considerations in implementing a successful diversity program.
- The case for diversity and political correctness. Markowitz, Michael // EDN;11/19/98, Vol. 43 Issue 24, p33
Discusses a management strategy that incorporates diversity in the business environment. Advantages of a diverse workforce; Political correctness in the workplace.
- Slaying the diversity dinosaur. Fernandez, John P. // Executive Excellence;Oct98, Vol. 15 Issue 10, p15
Offers advice to managers and leaders on how to deal with diversity in the workplace. Redressing injustices; Addressing subtler forms of discrimination; Solving problem of unfair, inequitable treatment of diverse people; `Constituent capitalization,' instead of `diversity'; Six steps to...
- Diversity helps to deliver better business benefits. Reade, Quentin // Personnel Today;6/18/2002, p2
Presents the result of a study on improving business performance and diversity. Impact of successful equality and diversity policies on business; Importance of business case for diversity initiatives; Accountability of managers in handling diversity.
- Managing Diversity. James, Erica Hayes; Wooten, Lynn Perry // Executive Excellence;Aug2001, Vol. 18 Issue 8, p17
Focuses on the barriers to managing diversity in the workplace. Failure of companies to link diversity management to consequences; Controversy associated with diversity initiatives; Effect of defensive routines on reflective learning following accusations of discrimination.
- Emerging Work. Prahalad, C.K. // Executive Excellence;Jul2000, Vol. 17 Issue 7, p4
Examines changes in management methods and skills. Consideration of cultural and intellectual diversity; Pervasiveness of volatility in the markets; Impact of the Internet on industries; Importance of a shared competitive agenda; Dimensions for high performance.