Acting to protect disabled children
- Essex Council set to pioneer social pedagogy in all children's homes. Bennett, Alison // Children & Young People Now (Haymarket Business Publications Ltd;12/11/2008, p4
The article reports on the initiative of Essex County Council in England to roll out the European-style social pedagogy model in all its children's homes to expand the model across children's services. According to County Council's Maureen Caton, Essex's approach aims to allow a county-wide...
- Suffolk defends safeguarding policy after mums flee abroad. Puffett, Neil // Children & Young People Now (Haymarket Business Publications Ltd;3/23/2010, p1
The article reports on the Suffolk County Council's staunch defence of its child protection policies after two high profile cases which involved pregnant women fleeing to Spain. It mentions that the Council faced criticism after the women left Great Britain to avoid child protection proceedings....
- Shropshire County Council. // Children & Young People Now (Haymarket Business Publications Ltd;9/17/2008, p27
The article provides information on the Shropshire County Council, one of the 11 authorities that works for the Children's Workforce Development Council's remodelling social work program in England. According to the article, the group offers social service through multi-agency teams to breakdown...
- No rush to review child death cases. // Community Care;2/5/2004, Issue 1508, p7
Provides information on a survey of 15 county councils around England on civil cases involving children who had been taken into care as a result of expert medical advice. Event that led to the review of criminal cases involving children.
- How we are improving...: Child protection at Lancashire County Council. Bennett, Alison // Children & Young People Now;1/8/2009, p25
The article offers information on the move of Lancashire County Council of England to improve child protection. According to Sally Allen, acting directorate safeguarding manager at Lancashire County Council, children who are subject for child protection plans should have 100% of their reviews...
- DISCUÅ¢II PRIVITOARE LA NATURA JURIDICÄ‚ A HOTÄ‚RÃ‚RILOR ADOPTATE DE CÄ‚TRE COMISIA PENTRU PROTECÅ¢IA COPILULUI ÅžI INSTANÅ¢A COMPETENTÄ‚ SÄ‚ SOLUÅ¢IONEZE LITIGIILE REFERITOARE LA ACESTE HOTÄ‚RÃ‚RI. VASILE, ANA // Dreptul;2013, Issue 5, p158
In this study, the author, whilst analyzing the legal nature of Child Protection Commissions (which are organized and operate pursuant to Law No. 272/2004 on the protection and promotion of children's rights and the Government Decision no. 1437/2004 on the organization methodology and...
- Kent pledge to children in care. // Children & Young People Now (Haymarket Business Publications Ltd;5/14/2008, p9
The article details the formal pledge offered by Kent County Council in taking care of its own looked-after children in England. Its pledge comprises six themes, among which, are giving a sense of belongingness to these children, providing good education, and ensuring that they have a consistent...
- Economic Development Officers. // Estates Gazette;10/4/2008 Directory Supplement, p61
The article presents contact and mailing information for the Rhondda Cynon Taft County Borough Council, an economic development officer in Great Britain.
- Economic Development Offices. // Estates Gazette;2/4/2007 Directory, p61
The article offers the contact information of Rhondda Cynon Taff County Borough Council in Abercynon, Wales.