- Sensor in a bubble. Holgate, Sharon Ann // New Scientist;03/28/98, Vol. 157 Issue 2127, p16
Provides information on the development of a system used for monitoring the quality of water by scientists working for the British water company North West Water. Identification of the essential components of the system; Difficulties with this technique used; Information on a system invented by...
- North West Water's Massive AMP2 Projects Advance. // WaterWorld;Dec2000, Vol. 16 Issue 11, p76
Focuses on an extension project signed by Bechtel with Great Britain's North West Water (NWW) until the end of 2001. Provision by NWW of water and wastewater utility services in the northwest of England; Capital investment program developed by NWW to comply with the regulatory framework imposed...
- Injured water workers win record payout. // Environmental Engineering;Sep2000, Vol. 13 Issue 3, p7
Reports on the compensation of former employees from the company North West Water for contracting the vibration white finger disease in Great Britain as of September 2000. Value of the compensation; Symptoms of the disease; Views of the GMB trade union on the compensation of the former employees.
- U.S. Firms Wins Big U.K. Water Job. Powers, Mary B.; Reina, Peter // ENR: Engineering News-Record;10/04/99, Vol. 243 Issue 14, p15
Focuses on the regional water and wastewater program contract in England awarded by the British utility North West Water to Montgomery Watson Inc., an engineer-constructor in the United States. Budget for the program; Kinds of infrastructures included; Remarks of Montgomery Watsons chairman,...
- Driving out ammonia. // Professional Engineering;04/30/97, Vol. 10 Issue 8, p7
Reports that Weir Pumps has awarded a contract to Siemens to supply, install and commission variable speed drives at North West Water's wastewater treatment plant in Manchester, England.
- Norweb falls to North West Water. // Modern Power Systems;Nov95, Vol. 15 Issue 11, p11
Reports on the acquisition of British electric firm Norweb by North West Water. Price of shares; North West Water as first electricity and power supplier in Great Britain.
- Industry rocked by speed of U.S. filter's growth. Slatin, Al // WaterWorld;Nov/Dec96, Vol. 12 Issue 10, p44
Discusses the significance to the waste treatment industry of United States Filter Corp.'s acquisition of North West Water PLC's American equipment group. Consolidation trend in the industry.
- Turning on the pressure. Reina, Peter; Rubin, Debra K. // ENR: Engineering News-Record;2/26/96, Vol. 236 Issue 8, p28
Provides information on the North West Water Group Public Limited Company. Privatization of water and sewerage industry in the United Kingdom; Conglomeration of United Utilities and North West Water; Problems with the North West Water's Bangkok division; Partnership with Bechtel Water...
- A hose by any other name... Bolton, Philip; Newton, Colin // Process Engineering;Nov2001, Vol. 82 Issue 11, p21
Highlights the dangers of using cheap and non-standard hoses. Details of the use of non-standard hoses at North West Water's Belmont sewage treatment; Replacement costs. INSET: Beware the 'compressor cowboys'.