Health and safety
- CONSISTENCY COUNTS. MACKEY, RICHARD E. // Information Security;Sep2008, Vol. 11 Issue 7, p46
The article offers information on the five best practices that can help corporate organizations fulfill compliance goals across multiple government regulations such as the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA), state privacy laws or the Payment Card Industry's Data Security...
- Some providers not taking cost of data breach seriously. // Healthcare Risk Management;7/1/2012, p77
In the article Jay Sheehan, senior vice president of Preferred Advantage in Hartford, Connecticut, highlights the role of risk managers in preventing data breach in healthcare organizations, commenting that hospitals are adopting cyber liability policies increasingly, but healthcare...
- SHORTS. // Body Bulletin;Dec2001, Vol. 2 Issue 12, p2
Provides facts on health and business. Presence of vegetable gums in processed foods; Protection of online privacy; Health benefits of chocolate.
- Down On The Pharm. // njbiz;2/23/2004, Vol. 17 Issue 8, p4
Reports on the decline in shares of Medco Health Solutions on February 18, 2004. Reason for the decline.
- Inmediata forms strategic alliance with Secure EDI. Pacheco, Dennis Costa // Caribbean Business;9/14/2006, Vol. 34 Issue 36, p57
The article reports on the strategic investment made by New York-based Secure EDI company with Inmediata Health Group Corp. in San Juan, Puerto Rico. Barry Byrd, CEO of Secure EDI, remarked that the strategic alliance will bring its innovative technology and reporting tools to U.S., while...
- Retirement: It's No Small Business. // Westchester County Business Journal;Autumn2011 PBNY Connect, p7
The article discusses the retirement of small business owners. It mentions a poll by Guardian Life Small Business Institute which focuses on the retirement awareness of business owners. It presents the recommendations for retirement of small business owners which include managing Social Security...
- Financings roundup. // Medical Device Daily;11/2/2011, Vol. 15 Issue 210, p2
The article focuses on a proposal by Health Management Associates to enter into a new 500 million U.S. dollar revolving credit facility and other financing activities in a private placement that is exempt from the registration requirements of the U.S. Securities Act of 1933.
- WebMD denies rumor, slides. // Investors Business Daily;1/15/2016, p84
The article reports on the response of online healthcare company WebMD Health Corp. on the alleged sale of the company and the impact of the rumors on its securities in the U.S.
- Chinese Medical Center Network Reports Big Growth. MARILYN MUCH // Investors Business Daily;6/11/2014, pA06
There's nothing like a prescription for healthy growth to rev up Wall Street's enthusiasm.