Health and safety
- CONSISTENCY COUNTS. MACKEY, RICHARD E. // Information Security;Sep2008, Vol. 11 Issue 7, p46
The article offers information on the five best practices that can help corporate organizations fulfill compliance goals across multiple government regulations such as the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA), state privacy laws or the Payment Card Industry's Data Security...
- Down On The Pharm. // njbiz;2/23/2004, Vol. 17 Issue 8, p4
Reports on the decline in shares of Medco Health Solutions on February 18, 2004. Reason for the decline.
- Retirement: It's No Small Business. // Westchester County Business Journal;Autumn2011 PBNY Connect, p7
The article discusses the retirement of small business owners. It mentions a poll by Guardian Life Small Business Institute which focuses on the retirement awareness of business owners. It presents the recommendations for retirement of small business owners which include managing Social Security...
- Chinese Medical Center Network Reports Big Growth. MARILYN MUCH // Investors Business Daily;6/11/2014, pA06
There's nothing like a prescription for healthy growth to rev up Wall Street's enthusiasm.
- Dilemmas of securitization and health risk management in the People’s Republic of China: the cases of SARS and avian influenza. Wishnick, Elizabeth // Health Policy & Planning;Nov2010, Vol. 25 Issue 6, p454
Since the SARS epidemic in 2003, the international community has urged Chinese leaders to do more to address infectious diseases. This paper looks at two cases in which the Chinese government securitized infectious disease (SARS and avian influenza) and examines the pros and cons of...
- Some providers not taking cost of data breach seriously. // Healthcare Risk Management;7/1/2012, p77
In the article Jay Sheehan, senior vice president of Preferred Advantage in Hartford, Connecticut, highlights the role of risk managers in preventing data breach in healthcare organizations, commenting that hospitals are adopting cyber liability policies increasingly, but healthcare...
- SHORTS. // Body Bulletin;Dec2001, Vol. 2 Issue 12, p2
Provides facts on health and business. Presence of vegetable gums in processed foods; Protection of online privacy; Health benefits of chocolate.
- Going strong, going public. Zigmond, Jessica // Modern Healthcare;12/24/2007, Vol. 37 Issue 51, p6
The article looks at the pace of healthcare-related initial public offerings (IPOs) in the U.S. in 2007. It cites the number of IPOs launched in the healthcare industry within the past 12 months. It explores some of the reasons for the growing investor interest in the healthcare sector. It...
- Inmediata forms strategic alliance with Secure EDI. Pacheco, Dennis Costa // Caribbean Business;9/14/2006, Vol. 34 Issue 36, p57
The article reports on the strategic investment made by New York-based Secure EDI company with Inmediata Health Group Corp. in San Juan, Puerto Rico. Barry Byrd, CEO of Secure EDI, remarked that the strategic alliance will bring its innovative technology and reporting tools to U.S., while...