- A web of federal training programs. Maynard, Roberta // Nation's Business;Mar93, Vol. 81 Issue 3, p25
Discusses the problem of overlapping in the federal employment and training programs. Number of, funding and federal departments or agencies handling the programs; Factors behind the difficulty in program integration and coordination; Other problems according to the General Accounting Office;...
- Views on training and education. Szabo, Joan // Nation's Business;May93, Vol. 81 Issue 5, p85
Reports on a poll in the February issue of Nation's Business revealing readers' preference for tax breaks over federally mandated spending by companies to finance additional worker training. Plugging the skills gap as a top priority of the Clinton administration.
- Individual training accounts. Pantazis // Training & Development;Oct99, Vol. 53 Issue 10, p53
Discusses the programs that facilitate access to lifelong learning opportunities, including individual training accounts, in the United States. Lifelong skills development as central pillar of US economy; US federal programs that support workforce training; Key program for promoting personal...
- Trainees' remuneration. // British Medical Journal;7/15/1978, Vol. 2 Issue 6131, p228
Focuses on the correction of anomalies in trainees allowances for implementation of National Health Service Act in Great Britain. Inclusion of date for implementation of the act; Implications for failure to correct anomalies; Significance of trainees to general practice.
- Increasing role of work-based vocational programmes in Latvia. // Workplace Learning & Skills Bulletin;11/24/2014, Issue 129, p9
The article focuses on a pilot project launched by the Latvian Ministry of Education and Science contingent on work-based learning in the vocational education system and mentions the objective of the project to increase the empirical training in companies for desirable learning process.
- New suggestions. Miller, William H. // Industry Week/IW;9/20/93, Vol. 242 Issue 18, p74
Reports on the proposal by the Business Roundtable for fundamental improvements in training of employees. Public funding for training of dislocated employees; Productive employment through skills training.
- Clinton describes goals for education and training. // Nation's Business;May93, Vol. 81 Issue 5, p13
Reports on President Bill Clinton's launching of the administration's efforts to create more effective worker education and training programs. Teleconference broadcast; Education bill; Developing pathways from high school to the training required for the jobs.
- Kansas orders audit of job training courses. Ferguson, Lew // Community College Week;05/18/98, Vol. 10 Issue 21, p12
Reports on the audit conducted by the Legislative Audit Committee on employee training programs in Kansas. Controversy regarding the legal job training; Areas to be looked at by the Legislative Post Audit Committee.
- Government scheme enjoys successful take-up rate. // Personnel Today;6/10/2003, p8
Employer training pilots, the Great Britain government-backed initiative, aimed at encouraging employers to train low-skilled workers, are successfully benefiting employers who would otherwise not engage in training. A research conducted by the Institute for Employment Studies reveals a...