Unions continue fight for victims of work violence
- Urtu backs out of TUC. // People Management;01/22/98, Vol. 4 Issue 2, p11
Reports on the resignation of the truck-fleet drivers' union, Urtu from the Trades-Union Congress in Great Britain. Reason for the resignation.
- Union members fall in manufacturing sector. // Personnel Today;7/9/2002, p7
Reports research results of union membership conducted by the government and Trade Union Congress in Great Britain. Impact of job losses to union membership; Decrease of union membership in manufacturing; Sectors with increase union membership.
- Anti-Freeze. // Time;9/3/1951, Vol. 58 Issue 10, p36
The article reports that the British Labor Government received an ultimatum from the General Council for the Trades Union Congress, demanding higher wages for workers, but that the former may not be able to comply due to the country's poor economy.
- The challenge for the next era of unionism - organise or fossilise. Weston, Celia // New Statesman;09/06/99, Vol. 128 Issue 4452, pvi
Deals with the strategy being employed by the trade unions in Great Britain to enhance their influence. Recruiting operations of the unions to increase their membership; Agenda of the Trades Union Congress (TUC); Increase in the membership of TUC; Challenges facing trade unions.
- Malaysia (Case No. 2637). // Official Bulletin: Series B;2009, Vol. 92 Issue 1 (353, 354), p259
The article presents information on a case by the Malaysian Trades Union Congress (MTUC).
- Unions gear up for dot-com members. Mahony, Chris // People Management;8/3/2000, Vol. 6 Issue 16, p9
Reports that the Trade Union Congress has urged unions to increase their efforts to recruit members in Internet-based companies. Challenges posed by the new economy to trade-unions; What information technology employees look for in a union.
- TUC sells partnership as way forward for HR. Nelson, Paul // Personnel Today;7/9/2002, p7
Reports the demand of the Trade Union Congress (TUC) to Human Resource to intensify union partnership in relation to employee commitment in Great Britain. Indifference of employees in working with unions; Significance of partnership for improvement of working relationship between union;...
- Recognition deals fall as unions meet resistance. Reade, Quentin // Personnel Today;2/25/2003, p8
Reports on reasons for the reduction in the number of trade union recognition deals in Great Britain. Resistance from employees to sign up for recognition deals; Name of companies and organizations covered under the recognition deal; Demand of Trade Union Congress for changes to the recognition...
- STRIKING BACK. Benady, David // Marketing Week;7/26/2001, Vol. 24 Issue 24, p26
Focuses on efforts of the Trade Unions to start winning back members in Great Britain. Decline of union membership; Plan to rebrand unionism; Intention of the Trade Union Congress to create an advisory service on the Web.