- Net Work Matters. Pande, Shamni // Business Today;4/1/2012, Vol. 21 Issue 7, preceding p122
The article focuses on the list of top 20 HR influencers of India, prepared after a survey by Strategic Human Resource Management (SHRM) India, released on the social networking website Twitter. As per G. Ravindran, chief executive officer (CEO) of SHRM India, a lot can be learnt from the list...
- On-line intelligence should move paperwork mountains. Richards-Carpenter, Colin // People Management;08/24/95, Vol. 1 Issue 17, p45
Focuses on portable database with instant access to human resources maanagement information as an essential tool for human resource management. Issue about keeping database up to date; How On-line technology may help solve the HR problems.
- HR makes the technology investment. Flynn, Gillian // Personnel Journal;Jan95, Vol. 74 Issue 1, p25
Reports on a survey by Lawson Software/Deloitte & Touche which shows the increasing use of information technology in human resource departments in the United States. Reasons for boosting technology capacity in human resource departments.
- Cruising cyberspace for the best recruits. Overman, Stephenie // HRMagazine;Feb95, Vol. 40 Issue 2, p52
Focuses on the use of information networks in personnel management. Advantages offered by posting online job advertisements; Variety of online resume choices; Cost-effectiveness; Companies using online services for human resource pooling.
- Get the max from an old system. O'Connell, Sandra E. // HR Magazine;Mar95, Vol. 40 Issue 3, p33
Presents strategies for making the most of an antiquated human resource information system. Taking inventory of available software and hardware; Improvement of available computer resources; Evaluating the capabilities of an old system.
- Virtual HR. // Across the Board;May95, Vol. 32 Issue 5, p7
Reports on the increase in use of information technology-based human resource or personnel management systems in many companies, according to a Wyatt Co. survey.
- Planning and setting up a new HRIS: Part 1. O'Connell, Sandra E. // HR Magazine;Feb1994, Vol. 39 Issue 2, p36
Offers advice in planning and setting up a new human resources information system. Installing hardware and software; Basic training on the system; Examination of the work flow; Customization of the system.
- Recasting HRIS as an information resource. Townsend, Anthony M.; Hendrickson, Anthony R. // HR Magazine;Feb1996, Vol. 41 Issue 2, p91
Discusses the possibilities of enhancing the human resource or personnel department's information storage capabilities. Need to recast the role of the human resource information system (HRIS); Auditing of information resources; Restructuring information technology; Creation of an information...
- Planning and setting up a new HRIS: Part 2. O'CONNELL, SANDRA E // HR Magazine;Mar94, Vol. 39 Issue 3, p37
Part II. Discusses steps in the implementation of a human resource information system. Use of a time line to monitor each phase of the plan; Data conversion; Data entry and audit; Development of reporting processes; System administration; Communication of changes.