Improving the provisions for those who blow the whistle
- Employment law checklist. Aikin, Olga // People Management;03/06/97, Vol. 3 Issue 5, p53
Presents information on legal developments affecting the workplace in Britain. Legal case of equal value claim by women; Law on inducing an unfair dismissal; Court decision on temporary promotion.
- Safety and health legislation: Are you in compliance? Kirk, Albert S. // Tech Directions;Feb95, Vol. 54 Issue 7, p44
Provides a perspective of legislative policy related to workplace safety and health. Blood-borne pathogens; Confined space; Laboratory safety plans.
- The Workplace Relations Act-plus ...a change... Skeffington, Robert // Institute of Public Affairs Review;Mar97, Vol. 49 Issue 3, p10
Assesses the Workplace Relations Act of Australia. Rank of Australia in the World Competitiveness Yearbook 1997 in terms of industrial relations performance; Shortcomings of the Act; Streams created by the Act in the Australian workplace.
- Comp time bill nears approval. Laabs, Jennifer J. // Workforce (10928332);Jul97, Vol. 76 Issue 7, p20
Reports on the approval of the Family Friendly Workplace Act by the US House of Representatives. Provisions of the bill; Comments of President Bill Clinton regarding the bill; US Senate's stand on the bill.
- Hanging in the balance. Beishon, Marc // Director;Jan2001, Vol. 54 Issue 6, p75
Discusses the work-life balance campaign launched by the government of Great Britain in year 2001. Commitment of employers to flexible working schedules; Significance of the campaign; Reason for leaving jobs.
- MALAYSIA. // Accountancy;Mar1997, Vol. 119 Issue 1243, p83
Reports on the introduction of the Dignity at Work bill in the British House of Lords. Provisions of the bill; Purpose of counteracting bullying at work.
- Spectre of regulations not quite sqaushed yet. Welch, Rupert // Furniture/Today;04/30/2001, Vol. 25 Issue 33, p74
Comments on government regulation of environmental protection and workplaces in the United States. Opinion on the abrogation of clean air standards and workplace ergonomic regulations; Introduction of limits to greenhouse gas emissions; Views on legislation for the prevention of workplace...
- Indoor air: Privatization goals reduce government, regulatory role. Bas, Ed // Air Conditioning Heating & Refrigeration News;5/13/96, Vol. 198 Issue 2, p3
Reports on Building Air Quality Alliance, a voluntary program proposed by the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) that encourage private industry to institute proactive standards for improving workplace environment. Important aspects of the program; Non-regulatory approach; Groups that are...
- How HR has weathered the changing legal climate. Flynn, Gillian // Workforce (10928332);Jan1997, Vol. 76 Issue 1, p159
Interviews Robert F. Millman, managing partner at the Los Angeles office of Littler, Mendelson, Fastiff, Tichy & Mathiason, on how changes in society affected workplace law over time. Workplace law in the early 1920s; Period after the unionization trend; What changes the Civil Rights Act usher in.