More to work than just pay cheque
- TARIFAUTONOMIE IN DE-INDUSTRIALISIERTEM GELANDE. // Kï¿½lner Zeitschrift fï¿½r Soziologie & Sozialpsychologie;1994, Vol. 46 Issue 2, p425
An important feature of the socio-economic transformation of the former GDR is the transfer of West Germany's system of collective bargaining to East Germany. The authorization of trade unions and employers' associations to negotiate wage levels for East Germany and, further, the dynamics of...
- What about the workers? Jepp, Andrew // Public Finance;Oct2014, Issue 10, p22
The article focuses on the structural and organizational change facing the public sector employees in the Great Britain. It mentions the report "New world of risk: change for good," by the Zurich Municipal which reveals various workforce issues including training, remuneration and retention. It...
- LETTERS TO THE EDITOR. // For the Record (Great Valley Publishing Company, Inc.);5/1/2013, Vol. 25 Issue 8, p7
A letter to the editor is presented in response to the article "Transcription in Transition" in the May 2013 issue.
- Grow or Wither Away? Dinowitz, Howard; Markinson, Bryan C.; Rosenblatt, Michael M.; Kornfeld, Robert // Podiatry Management;Oct2012, Vol. 31 Issue 8, p14
A letter to the editor is presented which is concerned with the challenges that podiatrists face on a regular basis.
- The fairer sex doesn't mean fairer pay. // People Management;Aug2015, p50
The article focuses on a study by the University of California in Berkeley which concluded that the gender pay gap would not be solved by promoting more women to senior management positions with assistant professor Sameer Srivastava commenting on the need for cultural shifts in businesses.
- Compensation Consequences of Reengineering. Tullar, William L. // Journal of Applied Psychology;Dec98, Vol. 83 Issue 6, p975
The effects of business process reengineering (hereinafter reengineering) on the worth of jobs in 2 separate branches of a beverage and food distribution company were investigated. Using job descriptions gathered before and after a reengineering change effort, student raters were asked to rate...
- Out With the Old, In With the New. // Certification Magazine;Dec2006, Vol. 8 Issue 12, p4
The author reflects on the end of 2006 and its implication for the Certification Magazine, which provides information for information technology professionals. He highlights the results of the magazine's annual salary survey. He points out the opportunity presented by the end of 2006 for the...
- Successful change requires excellent communication. Adubato, Steve // njbiz;5/18/2009, Vol. 22 Issue 20, p15
An interview with Steve Adubato, an author, motivational speaker and an anchor for Channel 13/WNET, is presented. Adubato talks about the challenges leaders face when trying to communicate a specific change to their team and how to overcome challenges such as organizational structure,...
- Engaging the Disengaged. Clark, Timothy R. // HR Magazine;Apr2008, Vol. 53 Issue 4, p109
The article offers information on five basic forces needed to retain and engage employees which are important to organizational change. It says leaders are mostly responsible for establishing a sense of community to satisfy the basic human need for connection. It suggests to teach workers the...