People and posts
- Senior-level hiring authority shifts to line managers. Leonard, Bill // HR Magazine;Jul98, Vol. 43 Issue 8, p21
Reports on the study conducted by Thorndike Deland on the hiring practices of corporations in the United States. Effects of the size reduction of human resources (HR) staff; Involvement of HR staff in senior-level hiring decisions.
- Look Who's at the Helm. Mirza, Patrick // HR Magazine;Nov2001, Vol. 46 Issue 11, p10
Reports on the appointment of human resource department heads who are not human resource professionals. Advantages of working with people without human resource background; Importance of the role of human resource executives in industrial management.
- In-house recruiters fill a specialized niche. Thaler-Carter, Ruth E. // HR Magazine;Apr98, Vol. 43 Issue 5, p72
Focuses on the trend for in-house recruiting. Expectations from internal recruiters; Skills required for in-house recruiters; Mechanisms for finding recruiters.
- A LITTLE TECHNOLOGY... // HR Professional;May/Jun2013, Vol. 30 Issue 4, p8
An introduction to the journal is presented in which the editor discusses different reports in the journal on use of cloud computing and knowledge sharing to help human resources personnel in dealing with high number of job applications when employee hiring is advertised.
- Just-in-Time Hiring. Steckerl, Shally // Leadership Excellence;May2006, Vol. 23 Issue 5, p9
Discusses the use of just-in-time hiring strategy by organizational leaders to meet fast-changing talent acquisition demands. Basis for just-in-time hiring strategy; Types of talent in recruitment; Way to scale recruitment as needed based just-in-time hiring requirements; Role of specialized...
- The affordable HR pro. Cronin, Michael P. // Inc.;Oct94, Vol. 16 Issue 10, p121
Addresses the advantages of hiring a good human resources (HR) administrator. Bob Freese's company Alphatronix, a software developer based in Research Triangle Park, N.C.; Alphatronix's hiring of Suzanne Jones; Freese's search for a part-timer; Why big company veteran's search more flexible...
- The Right Way to Treat Applicants. Mirza, Patrick // HR Magazine;Sep2004, Vol. 49 Issue 9, p10
Presents information on the treatment of job applicants by human resource professionals and employers. Complaints of job applicants against employers; Effect of a negative employment image on a company.
- 12 STUPID HIRING MISTAKES TO AVOID IN 2012. Shedd, David M. // Concrete Products;Jan2012, Vol. 115 Issue 1, p8
The article presents 12 hiring mistakes for managerial jobs which should be avoided in 2012. It states that some of the hiring load can be delegated to the human resources team or recruiters but the leader should be active and involved in the hiring process. It mentions that it is a big mistake...
- Branding 'essential' but ad hoc. Wynne, Alexandra // People Management;8/31/2006, Vol. 12 Issue 17, p10
The article highlights the findings of a survey conducted by Bernard Hodes agency regarding employer branding program in Great Britain. It says that the absence of formal employer branding program is admitted by more than a third of human resources professionals. Attracting a new generation of...