Advance NVQs slow to take off
- Promoting equality and diversity. // Credit Management;Mar2010, p39
The article offers information on the results of the National Employer Skills Survey by the Learning and Skills Council (LSC) regarding the significance of vocational qualifications in the retention and promotion of employees in Great Britain.
- Competence and the British national vocational qualifications framework. Clymo, Philippa // Youth Studies Australia;Mar1996, Vol. 15 Issue 1, p56
Presents an abstract of the article `Competence and the British National Vocational Qualifications framework,' which appeared in the `British Journal of Education and Work.'
- Viewpoint... Transparency in skills system. Davis, Michael // Personnel Today;10/27/2009, p9
The article presents the author's comments on skills and employment systems in Great Britain.
- SEMTA alarm as NVQs decline. // Process Engineering;Jan/Feb2012, Vol. 93 Issue 1, p50
The article reports that the number of National/Scottish Vocational Qualification (N/SVQ) registrations in Great Britain fell 2 percent in the third quarter of 2011 as compared to the third quarter in 2010.
- Accrediting unpaid work. Tiernan, Kathy // Adults Learning;Jan95, Vol. 6 Issue 5, p150
Focuses on the issues concerning accreditation of unpaid work in Great Britain. Step in widening the definition of what unpaid work in the home can include; Voluntary qualifications; Reference to single element from the RSA Advanced Diploma in the Organisation of Community Groups; Cultural...
- HR GAUGE. // People Management;8/7/2008, Vol. 14 Issue 16, p9
The section presents the number of vocational qualifications awarded in Great Britain in 2007.
- CJ blog: Supervisors under scrutiny. Morby, Aaron // Contract Journal;9/9/2009, Vol. 448 Issue 6735, p2
A blog on the initiative to inspect the qualifications of site supervisors working within the UK Constractors Group is presented.
- Training. // People Management;8/28/1997, Vol. 3 Issue 17, p15
Presents news briefs related to training of employees in Great Britain as of August 1997. Publication of the revised rules for vocational qualifications by the National Council for Vocational Qualifications; Statements of finance directors to researchers from Investors In People on the means of...
- Overhaul pledged for training young. // Professional Engineering;9/22/2010, Vol. 23 Issue 15, p8
The article reports on a review of vocational qualifications by Semta to provide British young people with more and better training opportunities.