- Colleges benefit from Second Career. Ross, Ian // Northern Ontario Business;Feb2010, Vol. 30 Issue 4, p10
The article reports on the state's Second Career program of the community colleges that would help the laid-off workers to obtain job retraining in Ontario.
- burning career issues. // Personnel Today;2/12/2008, p31
The article provides an answer to a question on career counseling related to SAP training management skills.
- New Directions for Career Development. Mirabile, Richard J. // Training & Development Journal;Dec87, Vol. 41 Issue 12, p30
Focuses on trends in career development. Employee training personnel's role in career development programs; Content, process and structure of such programs; List of questions before starting one.
- A guide through the corporate jungle. Hart, Katherine // New Orleans CityBusiness (1994 to 2008);12/01/97 Supplement Women & Bus, Vol. 18 Issue 22, p12A
Focuses on professional mentoring programs as a popular way for companies and trade associations to help novice employees succeed in their careers. Employees who succeeded with the help of the professional mentoring program; Reason for the growth of mentoring program.
- CAREERS. Shackell, Sherilyn // Marketing (00253650);12/1/2013, p110
The article presents career advice to markers for 2014. The author advises taking a few hours of undisturbed time to write down what one hopes to accomplish during the next six months. Other recommendations include finding some senior mentors, actively pursuing training opportunities, and...
- Big Tree commit to service. // Builders Merchants Journal;Nov97, p11
Provides information on the training provided by Big Tree of Great Britain. Coverage of the sales training; Importance of visiting the company's Sheffield factory as part of the training program.
- Research Capsules. // Training & Development Journal;May86, Vol. 40 Issue 5, p133
Summarizes employee training-related research findings. 'Human Resource Development Bibliography: Abstracts of Core Documents in the Profession'; 'Fast Food Jobs: The Early Career Training Ground'; 'Forecasting Training Costs and Benefits in Industry.'
- Testing times for future lawyers. Griffiths, Catrin // Lawyer;12/14/2009, Vol. 23 Issue 48, p3
The article focuses on the effect of the global economic downturn on the future members of the legal profession in Great Britain. It talks on the campaign launched by Law Society to discourage students from taking a career in law practice. It suggests that the life of a lawyer requires hard work...
- CAN WE CLOSE THE QUALIFICATIONS GAP? Sparrow, Stephanie // Training Magazine;Feb2005, p5
Focuses on the need for employers to set working qualifications for productivity in Great Britain. Actions to be taken to promote quality employee training.