Councils impose blanket ban on smoking at work
- China's ban on smoking in indoor public areas exempts workplaces. Parry, Jane // BMJ: British Medical Journal (Overseas & Retired Doctors Edition;4/2/2011, Vol. 342 Issue 7800, p732
The article focuses on the revisions of guidelines on indoor smoking ban in China, which exempt workplaces. It mentions the statement of World Lung Foundation senior adviser Judith Mackay that the ban's omission of workplaces is a major flaw. It also presents the views of Geoffrey Crothall,...
- Mass. Senate OKs ban on workplace smoking. // Nation's Restaurant News;12/1/2003, Vol. 37 Issue 48, p3
Reports on the approval of workplace smoking ban by the Massachusetts' Senate.
- Going Smokefree. McKimmie, Kathy // Indiana Business Magazine;Jan2004, Vol. 48 Issue 1, p35
Focuses on the move to ban smoking in Indiana eateries and workplaces. Fines for violating the law; Increase in the number of work sites that are smoke-free; Health issues associated with smoking.
- Butts out in O'Fallon. Castile, Raymond // St. Charles Journal;6/19/2011, Vol. 46 Issue 49, pA1
The article reports on the implementation of the smoking ban in indoor workplaces and enclosed public spaces in O'Fallon, Missouri.
- State negligent on smoking ban. // Indianapolis Business Journal;1/28/2008, Vol. 28 Issue 48, p12
The author reflects on the issue concerning the demise of the bill sponsored by Representative Charlie Brown that would ban workplace smoking statewide in Indiana. He argues that the bill died because legislators do not have the will to tackle the serious issue regarding health. He cites the...
- Clearing the air. Heenan, Rachael; Wotherspoon, Jennifer // Employers Law;Dec2006, p22
The article reports on the introduction of a smoking ban in England which has been enforced in Scotland and is intended to take effect in Wales and Northern Ireland on April 2, 2007. It covers three sets of draft regulations, which have been issued by the government to implement the proposal. As...
- IN BRIEF. // Occupational Health;May2005, Vol. 57 Issue 5, p5
Presents news briefs on issues and events related to occupational health in Great Britain as of May 2005. Enactment of a legislation to ban smoking in public places and workplaces in Guernsey; Launch of the book "Wellness at Work: Protecting and Promoting Employees' Health and Wellbeing" by the...
- China's ban on smoking in indoor public areas exempts workplaces. Parry, Jane // BMJ: British Medical Journal (International Edition);4/2/2011, Vol. 342 Issue 7800, p732
The article reports on the revisions made by China's Ministry of Health on the guideline for ban on public and indoor public places smoking starting on May 1, 2011.
- Tobacco free workplace policies and low socioeconomic status female bartenders in San Francisco. Moore, Roland S.; Lee, Juliet P.; Antin, Tamar M. J.; Martin, Scott E. // Journal of Epidemiology & Community Health;Sep2006 Supplement 2, Vol. 60, pii51
Study objective: Multiple studies have found that, compared with employees in other settings, workers in bars and restaurants have been exposed to high levels of secondhand smoke, putting them at increased risk for health complications. Among these bar employees are many women of low...