Bus drivers balloted on strike view
- `Upbeat' unionized LTL carriers confident entering Teamsters talks. Schulz, John D. // Traffic World;11/1/93, Vol. 236 Issue 5, p21
Reports on the labor negotiations between the unionized LTL trucking industry and Teamsters union. Issues on work-rule flexibility; LTL carriers participating in the negotiations; Offers from the LTL carriers to the union; Implications of a successful negotiation to LTL industry's operations;...
- Bike messengers answer union's call. McClure, Laura // Progressive;Dec94, Vol. 58 Issue 12, p13
Comments on efforts by New York's Teamsters Local 840 to organize bike messengers. The working conditions of bike messengers; Reaction of some of the employers, including Robert Wyatt, a co-owner of the Orbit/Lightspeed company.
- Car-haulers, Teamsters union get down to wire in tough contract negotiations. Schulz, John D. // Traffic World;5/8/95, Vol. 242 Issue 6, p57
Reports on the resumption of talks between negotiators for the unionized auto-haulers and the Teamsters union in connection with a new contract. Carriers' hope of competing better with railroads and the non-union segment through the contract; National Automobile Transporters Labor Division's...
- 'Very Optimistic' on IBT talks. Schulz, John D. // Traffic World;11/25/2002, Vol. 266 Issue 47, p10
Reports on U.S.-based ABF Freight System's optimism on the pace of contract negotiations with the Teamster union. National Master Freight Agreement.
- Bargaining and Wages in Local Cartage. Sheifer, Victor J. // Monthly Labor Review;Oct66, Vol. 89 Issue 10, p1076
Examines the effects of centralized negotiation on wage differentials in the for-hire trucking industry in the United States. Bargaining patterns; Increase in geographic coverage of collective bargaining patterns; Details of the 1961 national bargaining agreement; Graduated rates for drivers;...
- `Unsatisfied' Teamsters seek strike authority in bid to turn up heat in LTL negotiations. Schulz, John D. // Traffic World;3/21/94, Vol. 237 Issue 12, p9
Reports on the strike authorization ballots sent by the Teamster union to its unionized workers in the less-than-truckload (LTL) industry in a bid to seek contract negotiations with LTL carriers. Dissatisfaction of the union with the pace of negotiations with the Trucking Management Inc.;...
- Clearing the decks. Schulz, John D. // Traffic World;12/9/2002, Vol. 266 Issue 49, p23
Reports on negotiations between the Motor Freight Carriers Association and the Teamster union for a new National Master Freight Agreement. Progress of the talks; Supplemental negotiations before addressing the national portion of the contract; Issues to be addressed at the national level.
- Tough act to follow. Murphy, Jean V. // Traffic World;8/2/93, Vol. 235 Issue 5, p4
Editorial. Evaluates negotiations between United Parcel Service (UPS) and the Teamsters union. Wage and benefit package offered to Teamsters; Impact of talks on other general freight carriers; Proposed retirement plan; Requirements of UPS in exchange for the wage package.
- UPS set to make a `great' wage offer in exchange for central pension plan. Schulz, John D. // Traffic World;8/2/93, Vol. 235 Issue 5, p7
Focuses on the wage and benefits packaged offered by United Parcel Service (UPS) to Teamsters union members. One-time signing bonus; Dilemma faced by Teamsters president Ron Carey from the offered wage package; Possible impact of placing UPS Teamsters under one central health and pension plan. ...