News and analysis
- How Will We Close the Gaps? Trauth, Denise M. // University Business;Sep2003, Vol. 6 Issue 9, p64
Focuses on the Closing the Gaps initiative that aims to recruit half a million students to institutions of higher education in Texas by 2015. Financial crisis faced by higher education; Discussion of the participation of citizens in higher education; Recommendation to elevate higher education...
- Dagestan: A Teacher's Thoughts About a College Student Questionnaire Survey. Murtuzaliev, S.I. // Russian Education & Society;Sep2002, Vol. 44 Issue 9, p52
Examines college students' educational view in Dagestan, Russia. Reasons why students enrolled in institution of higher learning; Women educational needs; Educational reform.
- The Big Choice. Owe, Phil; Burke, Mandy; Cope, Jessica; Bear, Bethany; Richardson, Rachel; Dorris, Zack // Campus Life;Oct2003, Vol. 62 Issue 3, p20
Provides several advices on choosing a college in Tennessee. Certainty before making the college decision a public knowledge; Visit to several universities of interest; Insights into the academic and spiritual priorities of the administration, faculty and students.
- Higher Education: Students by Class. // EPM Weekly Bulletin;3/25/2002, Issue 84, p37
Focuses on the plan of the government in assessing children entering higher education in Great Britain. Classification of the social class categories; Increase of the participation rates of students; Goal of the education campaign.
- Higher Education: Students. // EPM Weekly Bulletin;3/25/2002, Issue 84, p38
Focuses on the rate of students entrants ages 18 to 30 in the higher education in Great Britain. Calculation of the initial entry rate; Presentation of the participation rate; Availability of students data.
- Overseas Students. // EPM Weekly Bulletin;6/24/2002, Issue 97, p28
Presents a table prepared by the British Higher Education Statistics Agency showing the number of foreign students in England and Wales universities based on the Census count as of December 1, 2001. Number of students doing part-time and full-time courses of higher education.
- Total minority doctoral degress--all disciplines combined. // Black Issues in Higher Education;07/24/97, Vol. 14 Issue 11, p22
Presents statistical information on total minority doctoral degrees.
- Law schools, measures of merit and the public's perception of the legal profession. Romero, Leo // Black Issues in Higher Education;07/24/97, Vol. 14 Issue 11, p54
Opinion. Focuses on the major challenges facing the Law School Admissions Test (LSAT) and legal education. Discussion on the legal profession, women and people of color; Perception of the number of minority students who pursue a legal education; Speculation on the number of minority student...
- Ideas in practice: `How can I tell what's important?' Josten, Denise // Journal of Developmental Education;Spring97, Vol. 20 Issue 3, p28
Discusses techniques which can be used to help college students in developmental education programs sort out relevant ideas from seductive ideas. Connection between reading and writing; Basic processes which meaningful learning depends on; Use of instructional graphics to help students organize...
- It is hard being a brand-name student. Ming Laosheng // Chinese Education & Society;Jul/Aug99, Vol. 32 Issue 4, p13
Discusses the difficulties a student from a brand-name university in China will encounter in life. Relationship with classmates; Pressure of competition.