- Banking on greener compaction. // Local Authority Waste & Recycling;Mar2011, Vol. 19 Issue 3, p52
The article reports on the use of compactor from Greenbank by Ikea in Gateshead, England.
- Keeping Our Nukes: Enforcing Unit Responsibilities. Purinton, Donald H. // Engineer;Nov93, Vol. 23 Issue 4, p26
Addresses the nature of the nuclear densimeter. Regulatory violations on the use of the densimeter; Use of the tool for compaction quality control in earthwork construction; Radioactive material content; Problems arising from mishandling and improper transportation and storage.
- Berlin's debris disposal. // International Construction;Feb98, Vol. 37 Issue 2, p84
Details the use of Bomag compactor at the landfill site in Berlin, Germany.
- Onboard compaction meters make inroads into U.S. market. Geistlinger, Lee // Roads & Bridges;Aug96, Vol. 34 Issue 8, p40
Focuses on the use of onboard compaction meters to estimate the density of soil or asphalt while it is being compacted. Differences between European and United States road and bridge construction processes; HAMM Compactors Inc. as US company with the longest history of onboard compaction meters;...
- Matching the compactor to the job. // Roads & Bridges;Sep97, Vol. 35 Issue 9, p45
Presents information on the different types of rollers used in commercial paving compacting which performs various functions. Categories of confined area compactors and multi-use compactors; Weight measurements of static steel rollers.
- Compaction analyzing system. // Rental Equipment Register Exclusive Insight;10/17/2012, p16
The article features the all-new COMPAS compaction analyzing system for the Mikasa MVH306 and MVH406-Series reversible plate compactors which are designed to help contractors improve efficiency and maximize productivity, while avoiding expensive over-compaction.
- Single-direction plate compactor. // Rental Equipment Register Exclusive Insight;10/17/2012, p20
The article features Bomag's BPR25/40 series reversible plate compactors.
- Don't vibrate â€” oscillate. Römer, Axel // International Construction;Dec2001, Vol. 40 Issue 10, p43
Focuses on the benefits of oscillatory compaction. Usability of vibratory compactors in soil and asphalt applications; Explanation on the mechanics of oscillatory machines used in soil and asphalt compaction; Advantage of oscillatory compaction over vibratory compactors.
- MEDIA IN MICRO. // International Cranes & Specialized Transport;Jul2012, Vol. 20 Issue 10, p55
The article offers brief information on Igus Inc.'s micro flizz compact system.