- DRILLING FLUIDS/POLYMERS. // Underground Construction;Mar2006, Vol. 61 Issue 3, p49
The article features drilling fluids and polymers. They include the Wyo-Ben drilling fluids, MAX BORE HDD premier one-sack, horizontal fluid system designed for mini drilling machines, Drillers Supply's FSF 1500 Polymer that provides excellent cutting encapsulation and well-bore stability, and...
- MUD MIXING SYSTEMS. // Underground Construction;Mar2006, Vol. 61 Issue 3, p50
The article features mud mixing systems for use in the underground construction industry. They include Astec's FM 330 drilling fluid mixing system, Ditch Witch's model FM50, Vermeer Manufacturing's MX125 for efficient mixing of drilling fluid for small-diameter, short-distance horizontal...
- Horizontal Directional Drill. // Construction Bulletin;3/19/2007, Vol. 292 Issue 11, p16
The article evaluates the D330x500 Navigator horizental directional drill from Vermeer Manufacturing Co.
- Vermeer unveils new HDD steering system. // Underground Construction;Apr97, Vol. 52 Issue 4, p61
Announces that Vermeer Manufacturing introduced its D50x100SS Navigator directional drilling rig offering a computer assisted system. Features of the system; Primary advantage of the system; How the system can eliminate the risk of rods dethreading.
- Remote Control Drill Reduces Time and Labor on Jobsites. // Rental Equipment Register;May2009, Vol. 52 Issue 5, p8
The article evaluates A-55CW dowel pin drilling unit from Minnich Manufacturing.
- Boring machinery breaks the bottleneck. Derning, Sean // Wood & Wood Products;Jan95, Vol. 100 Issue 1, p107
Focuses on improvements in boring and drilling machineries used in woodworking shops to streamline production bottlenecks. Two major causes of bottlenecks; Addition of software programs to computer-controlled boring machinery; Use of pneumatic logic controls; to control machine functions;...
- Portable holemaker. // Welding Design & Fabrication;Oct2006, Vol. 79 Issue 10, p58
The article evaluates the power-feed portable magnetic drill from Hougen Manufacturing Inc.
- Matching Rig Size To The Job. Griffin, Jeff // Underground Construction;Mar2000, Vol. 55 Issue 3, p46
Describes the different horizontal directional drilling (HDD) equipment used by underground construction companies in the United States. Description of HDD equipment; Requirements to effectively complete a drilling installation; Unit used by Signal Service Industries Inc.; Benefits of micro...
- World's Third Directional Drilling Rig. // Underground Construction;Jun2004, Vol. 59 Issue 6, p8
Focuses on a Harbert Corp. directional drilling rig used in underground construction projects in the United States. Conversion of the Harbert rig from a triple hydraulic cylinder push-only rig to a cable rig; Maximum pull-back capacity of the rig; Capability of the carriage to fold over for...