Profile: Frank Canon
- Baroid. // Pipeline & Utilities Construction;May96, Vol. 51 Issue 5, p49
Presents officials appointed at Baroid Corp. to supervise marketing activities. Ron Peterson as manager for water well and environmental drilling; Dennis Johnson as manager for minerals exploration drilling; Frank Canon as manager of constructing drilling and horizontal boring.
- Baroid. // Pipeline & Utilities Construction;Jun96, Vol. 51 Issue 6, p142
Reports on the reorganization of the international sales and services organization of Baroid Industrial Drilling Products, a product line of Baroid Drilling Fluids. Efforts to better serve worldwide users of drilling and routing products.
- New drilling fluid. Hartley, Frank // Offshore;Jun2002, Vol. 62 Issue 6, p30
Provides information on Accolade, a synthetic-based drilling fluid introduced by Baroid. Details of the drilling fluid system; Mechanism and components of the drilling fluid.
- Barnard uses polymer in trenching project. // Pipeline & Utilities Construction;May96, Vol. 51 Issue 5, p30
Reports on test results by Barnard Construction Co. on the effectiveness of a polymer-based drilling fluid from Baroid Industrial Drilling Products. Absence of degradation in the polymer slurry used in maintaining trench dikes; Resistance of Baroid's polymer mud to degradation; Comments from...
- DRILLING & PRODUCTION. Hartley, Frank // Offshore;Oct2003, Vol. 63 Issue 10, p22
Reports on developments related to the petroleum industry in Europe as of October 2003. Completion of Amerada Hess' Phu Horm 3 sidetrack well in northeast Thailand using Halliburton's underbalanced drilling technology; Development of a next-generation technology for wellsite operations and...
- Vermeer Partners provide directional boring training to Florida DOT. // Underground Construction;Oct98, Vol. 53 Issue 10, p71
Reports on the partnership of Vermeer Manufacturing and Baroid, McLaughlin Manufacturing and Burnup Sims to conduct training on horizontal directional boring. Topics covered in the training; Benefits from the training.
- DRILLING FLUIDS. // Underground Construction;Mar2002, Vol. 57 Issue 3, p54
Introduces several drilling fluids for underground construction. Hydraul-EZ bentonite clay from Cetco; Baroid IDP supplies from Baroid Industrial Drilling Products; Plugz-IT products from Wyo-Ben; P-300 Tri-Plex Mud Pump Unit 300 gpm from Parchem.
- DRILLING & PRODUCTION. Hartley, Frank // Offshore;Apr2003, Vol. 63 Issue 4, p24
Reports on developments in drilling and production in the offshore oil industry as of April 2003. Amtec Engineering Inc.'s development of an integrated plotting environment designed specifically for oil reservoir modeling; Baroid's development of a treated fiber that allows operators to clean...
- Determination of the stiffness matrix for the frame suspension of a drilling vibrosieve. Kichkar, I. // Chemical & Petroleum Engineering;Mar2008, Vol. 44 Issue 3/4, p193
The stiffness matrix of the suspension, which enters into the system of differential equations of motion for the frame of a vibrosieve employed in the field of drilling, is presented. A method is described for determination of the stiffness matrix. Results of experimental investigations are...