Major utility adopts electrofusion fittings for gas line
- PECO cuts outage time by 50% with HVCA. // Electrical World;Jul94, Vol. 208 Issue 7, p6
Reports on the outages experienced by PECO Energy as a result of severe weather conditions in eastern United States. Use of high-volume call answering (HVCA) system to respond to blizzard calls from customers; Description of the HVCA technology and its application; Importance of prompt utility...
- Peach Bottom uses video helmet to improve maintenance program. Chambers, Ann // Power Engineering;Mar95, Vol. 99 Issue 3, p84
Reports that PECO Energy Co.'s Peach Bottom atomic power station used advanced fiber optic and video display technology to enhance its predictive maintenance program. Modified version of a helmet mounted display (HMD); Enhancement of training; Improved inspection in hard-to-reach areas.
- Last-minute tip. // Electric Light & Power;Sep95, Vol. 73 Issue 9, p7
Reports on the PECO Energy electric go-cart races held on May 13, 1995 in Edgmont, Pennsylvania.
- PECO Energy invests in emissions-reduction project. Hansen, Teresa // Electric Light & Power;Oct95, Vol. 73 Issue 10, p38
Reports on PECO Energy Co.'s adoption of emissions-reduction projects at two suburban Philadelphia, Pennsylvania coal-fired power plants. Components of the projects; Total investment costs of the projects.
- Daughter work day. // Electric Light & Power;Nov95, Vol. 73 Issue 11, p1
Presents a caption story on PECO Energy Company's `Take Our Daughters to Work Day'.
- Limerick plans steam turbine retrofit. // Modern Power Systems;Mar96, Vol. 16 Issue 3, p11
Reports that PECo Energy is to retrofit new steam turbines to its Limerick nuclear power plant.
- PECO's Eddystone converts to natural gas/oil. Stein, Hank // Electric Light & Power;Sep94, Vol. 72 Issue 9, p18
Reports on PECO Energy Co.'s plans to convert its Eddystone Generating Station Unit 3 to natural or fuel oil operation. Reason for conversion; Benefits to customers; Reduction of emissions; Total project cost.
- Software schedules on-line and outage work. // IIE Solutions;Nov96, Vol. 28 Issue 11, p52
Presents information on the task at PECO Energy's Lemrick Generating Station, with keeping the station on-line and generating electricity at peak efficiency. Refueling of reactors; Scheduling system of PECO; Complications in refueling.
- Given microprocessor relays, who could ask for anything more? // Electrical World;Apr98, Vol. 212 Issue 4, p51
Focuses on the substation automation system which was finalized for the Westmoreland substation of PECO Energy Company, in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. System's ability to work without personal computers or programmable logic controllers; Who engineered the system for PECO.