Overhauling equipment becomes big business
- Downtime detectives. Phair, Matthew // ENR: Engineering News-Record;01/05/98, Vol. 240 Issue 1, p24
Focuses on what construction contractors are doing in order to combat the problem of failing equipment. Information on the use of dealers which are more equipped rather than mechanics; Comments from Kelly Walker, a Dallas, Texas-based equipment management consultant; What the Yonkers...
- Tips of the month. // Pit & Quarry;Oct97, Vol. 90 Issue 4, p33
Offers advice on construction equipment maintenance. Need to consider the impact of all operating conditions on life of components and systems; Role of engine oils in the lubrication of off-highway equipment; Impact of the lack of lubrication on equipment.
- Modern equipment means aggressive maintenance. // Pipeline & Utilities Construction;Apr96 Supplement, Vol. 51 Issue 4, p12
Focuses on the importance of proper maintenance of construction equipment. Features of effective maintenance programs; Benefits of properly maintaining equipment; Effects of equipment failure.
- Break the mold on equipment specifications. Consider the following approach. McKew, Howard // Engineered Systems;Jun98, Vol. 15 Issue 6, p32
Discusses a design-build-operate-maintain (DBOM) process for equipment specification in the construction industry. Use of a preprogrammed computerized maintenance management software; Insertion of the equipment schedule into the contract specification book; Importance of data-retrieval...
- Beating the Big Chill. Sarmiento, Eli // Pit & Quarry;Oct2000, Vol. 93 Issue 4, p76
Presents tips for construction maintenance supervisors on equipment-related maintenance and lubrication problems in the construction industry during winter. Steps in hydraulic-system maintenance; Importance of being alert for signs of over-greasing; Issue of viscosity in gear oils. INSET: Five...
- Construction/MHE... // PS: Preventive Maintenance Monthly;Jan98, Issue 542, p22
Presents some preventive maintenance tips for construction and material-handling equipment. Driving tips; Keeping the working area clean; Checking tires often; Watching the tire air pressure.
- REPAIRS AND RESTORATIONS. // Equipment Echoes;Summer2013, Issue 109, p6
The article reports that the Lima 101 shovel is undergoing restoration with its Waukesha engine which has been removed in mid-March 2013 and is now available in the shop.
- Construction Equipment... Tough Tire Talk. // PS: Preventive Maintenance Monthly;Sep99, Issue 562, p26
Provides information on the proper maintenance of tires on construction equipment. Cause of tire problems; Tips in transporting the construction equipment between job sites.
- Equipment Modifications and Tire Life. Rexroad, Barry // Pit & Quarry;Mar2000, Vol. 92 Issue 9, p82
Focuses on the role of equipment modification in the prevention of a decrease in tire life of construction vehicles. Benefits and cost of construction equipment modifications; Analysis of the capacity and operation of the equipment; Means to develop a program for tracking the performance costs...