Directional drilling the American way
- American Augers seminar focuses on rock drilling. // Pipeline & Utilities Construction;Dec96, Vol. 51 Issue 12, p6
Reports on American Augers Inc.'s 31st annual trenchless technology seminar in Austin, Texas. Directional drilling in rock as focus of the seminar; Participants; Schedule and duration; Topics and activities; Contact information.
- American Augers hosts annual seminar. // Underground Construction;Feb98, Vol. 53 Issue 2, p5
Reports on American Augers Inc.'s hosing of its 33rd trenchless technology seminar on April 26, 1998 in Wooster, Ohio. Sessions; Speakers; Contact information.
- Be an earth prospector. Burkett, Kathy // Scholastic SuperScience;Apr98, Vol. 9 Issue 7, p10
Presents an activity on how to be an earth prospector. Materials and procedures; Description on the various kinds of rocks.
- Reply to comments on stone circles by Jacobson. Parsons, Isabelle // Southern African Humanities;Dec2005, Vol. 17, p155
A response by Isabelle Parson to a letter to the editor about her article on study about circular stone structure published in the previous issue is presented.
- Is It a Rock? Continuous Formative Assessment. Keeley, Page // Science & Children;Apr/May2013, Vol. 50 Issue 8, p34
A lesson plan is provided for a formative assessment probe entitled "Is It a Rock?" designed for teaching elementary school students about rocks through the use of a formative assessment classroom technique (FACT) known as the group Frayer Model.
- For Grades K-3: Pet Rocks. // Science & Children;Dec2006, Vol. 44 Issue 4, p15
The article offers step-by-step instructions for teaching K-3 students the properties and uses of their own pet rock.
- Rocks Tell a Story. Ashbrooh, Peggy // Science & Children;Dec2006, Vol. 44 Issue 4, p18
The article offers instructions for making a class presentation that shows the accumulation of sediments in forming rock materials.
- Pretend Rocks. Gyllenhaal, Eric // Science & Children;Dec2006, Vol. 44 Issue 4, p19
The article offers step-by-step instructions for forming sedimentary rocks.
- Rock Finding. Rommel-Esham, Katie; Constable, Susan D. // Science & Children;Dec2006, Vol. 44 Issue 4, p27
The article offers instructions for teaching students how to describe the physical characteristics of various rocks and discover the importance of making detailed observations.