- Texaco photocopy suit moves toward trials. Reid, C. // Publishers Weekly;6/30/89, Vol. 235 Issue 26, p22
Discusses the upcoming trial against Texaco for illegal photocopying.
- Risk management lessons from the Texaco case. Lawrence, Carolyn // Las Vegas Business Press;11/18/96, Vol. 13 Issue 46, p34
No abstract available.
- Texaco faces Scrutiny. // Crain's New York Business;01/06/97, Vol. 13 Issue 1, p26
Comments on the settlement made by Texaco Incorporated, on the race-bias law-suit, in which the company paid $176.1 million. Intentions of the United States Equal Employment Opportunity Commission.
- Texaco settles lawsuit for $176 million. // Jet;12/02/96, Vol. 91 Issue 3, p4
Discusses the payment agreed upon by Texaco Inc. in November 1996 in regard to a race discrimination lawsuit. Amount of money paid to Afro-American workers; Comments from Texaco's chair and chief executive officer Peter I. Bijur; Details of the case and the settlement.
- On tap: A $3 billion solution? Sheets, K.; Cook, W. // U.S. News & World Report;12/21/87, Vol. 103 Issue 25, p16
Summarizes the chronology of Pennzoil's $10.3 billion damage suit against Texaco. Rumors of agreement on a $3 billion settlement; Opinions as to winners and losers. See also (Newsweek, 12/21/87, p52, 1/3p)
- Amazon crude comes home. // Environmental Action;Winter94, Vol. 25 Issue 4, p7
Reports on the class-action lawsuit filed by the peoples of Quichua, Secoya and Cofan tribes against Texaco. Failure of Texaco to adhere to standards for cleanup of toxic waste from drilling; Widespread contamination throughout the Ecuadoran Amazon; Josep Kohn as the Philadelphia attorney...
- U.S. Attorney continues probe of Texaco actions. Khasru, B.Z. // Fairfield County Business Journal;03/31/97, Vol. 36 Issue 13, p7
Reports that federal prosecutors are investigating events surrounding a race discrimination lawsuit against Texaco Inc. Indication that top officials may have plotted to conceal or destroy documents related to the discrimination case; Arraignment of former senior coordinator of personnel...
- All Texaco employees who joined in class-action suit agree to settlement. // Jet;03/24/97, Vol. 91 Issue 18, p25
Reports on the settlement of a class-action suit against Texaco filed by black employees. The amount settled on; Who will receive the money.
- Publishers hail photocopying ruling against Texaco. Mitchell, J.F.B.; Reid, Calvin // Publishers Weekly;8/3/1992, Vol. 239 Issue 35, p10
Reports that in a ruling that the Association of American Publishers (AAP) hailed as `a major decision upholding copyright protection under American law,' a federal judge ruled that profit-making companies cannot photocopy copyrighted journal articles without obtaining permission and...