- Brown & Root considers export pipeline proposal. // Pipeline & Utilities Construction;Jun95, Vol. 50 Issue 6, p7
Reports on the proposal of Brown & Root for a Caspian Sea Export pipeline from Tengiz Field in Kazakhstan to the Mediterranean Sea. Additional pipeline to Tbilisi, Georgia; Expected capacity of the pipeline; Phase one activity beginning at Tbilisi.
- Bulgaria-to-Greece Oil Pipeline under study. // Pipeline & Gas Journal;Feb99, Vol. 226 Issue 2, p10
Focuses on the contract received by British company, Brown and Root to study the feasibility of an oil pipeline from Bulgaria to Greece. Proposal of Public Petroleum Corp. and Thraki SA of an alternative route for Russian and Caspian Sea oil.
- Brown & Root named contractor for $3.2-billion gas project. // Pipeline & Gas Journal;Jun94, Vol. 221 Issue 6, p10
Reports on the naming of Brown & Root as turnkey contractor for the billion-dollar Gulf-South Asia Gas Project. Participation in the project as co-sponsor with Crescent Petroleum of the United Arab Emirates and TransCanada Pipelines; Transportation of natural gas from Qatar to Pakistan; Phases...
- Virtual pigging a `reality'. // Underground Construction;Nov97, Vol. 52 Issue 11, p10
Reveals that virtual reality technology was used by the Pipeline Engineering and Supply Co. Ltd. and Brown & Root to confirm the passage of a pipeline pig through bends. Benefits of using the technology; Advantages of virtual reality over conventional 2D and 3D computer visualizations.
- Gulf of Mexico. Crowden, Michael // Offshore;May95, Vol. 55 Issue 5, p18
Presents a photograph showing fabrication services in Brown and Root's Greens Bayou Fabrication Yard.
- Brown & Root plans layoffs. // ENR: Engineering News-Record;11/18/96, Vol. 237 Issue 21, p10
Focuses on the reorganization of Halliburton Co.'s engineer-constructor subsidiary, Brown & Root. Merger of Brown & Root civil and environmental services unit; Company's plan to layoff 700 to 800 employees by the end of 1996; Ouster of Thaddeus Smith III as president of the civil and...
- Via Baltica upgrade. // International Construction;Jun98, Vol. 37 Issue 6, p54
Reports on Brown & Root's winning of a contract to supervise the upgrading of the Via Baltica and Lithuania Highways in Lithuania which form part of the Trans European Network (TEN). Terms of the contract; Supplement to the TEN project.
- Brown & Root attempts move into space launch business. Kolcum, E.H. // Aviation Week & Space Technology;4/16/1990, Vol. 132 Issue 16, p60
Reports that Brown & Root has established a space unit and is proposing a workhorse launch system concept designed to exploit its expertise in industries like petroleum and mining, while reducing costs, construction crew size and time.
- Kingmakers of the Century. Burka, Paul // Texas Monthly;Dec99, Vol. 27 Issue 12, p188
Talks about the Texas construction and engineering company Brown and Root.