Construction training focus of National Center
- Owners need to help get training moving. // ENR: Engineering News-Record;2/5/96, Vol. 236 Issue 5, p58
Editorial. Discusses the need for owners to support the Wheels of Learning training program of the National Center for Construction Education and Research. Need for training to same level as safety in prequalifying contractors for projects; Payment of cents-per-hour by union contractors;...
- NCCER announces the release of electrical hazards training module. // Consulting-Specifying Engineer;Apr2009, Vol. 45 Issue 4, p10
The article reports that the U.S. National Center for Construction Education and Research (NCCER) has released the Contren Learning Series Managing Electrical Hazards module.
- Open shop at critical stage. Krizan, William G.; Angelo, William J. // ENR: Engineering News-Record;2/5/96, Vol. 236 Issue 5, p30
The article discusses the development of a standardized curriculum for open shop craft training by the National Center for Construction Education and Research. Center's need for consistent funds; Participation of the Associated General Contractors of America (AGC); Need to develop a standard...
- A Lot Happening. Smith, John // Masonry;Jul2013, Vol. 52 Issue 7, p8
In this article, the author presents an update on the activities of the Mason Contractors Association of America (MCAA) and the masonry industry as a whole in the U.S. in 2013. He states that MCAA plans to offer vocational training in high schools in Kentucky. He also mentions the association's...
- Training Partnership Between NCCER and Dupont Engineering. // Techniques: Connecting Education & Careers;May2005, Vol. 80 Issue 5, p10
Reports on the new training partnership between the National Center for Construction Education and Research and resident contractors on Dupont sites in the U.S. Terms of the agreement; Benefits of the cooperation for both contracting parties; Significance of the collaboration on the career and...
- Construction education center. Vandenberg, Victoria // Tech Directions;May96, Vol. 55 Issue 10, p6
Reports on the National Center for Construction Education and Research's selection of the University of Florida as its permanent home. Center as the largest provider of school-to-work construction education in the United States; Comments from center president Daniel J. Bennett; Provision of...
- Open shop tackles training. Krizan, William G. // ENR: Engineering News-Record;5/29/95, Vol. 234 Issue 21, p18
Features the National Center for Construction Education and Research. Plan as successor to Construction Education Foundation (CEF); Focuses; Activities; Funding; Delegates to summit in Aspen, Colorado; Reactions; Expectations.
- New center should stay focused if it is to have a long, fruitful life. // ENR: Engineering News-Record;5/29/95, Vol. 234 Issue 21, p88
Editorial. Discusses the National Center for Construction Education and Research. Dealing with issues critical to the industry; Aims; Open-shop sector; Expectations.
- Model agreement penned for funding nonunion training. Krizan, William G. // ENR: Engineering News-Record;10/21/96, Vol. 237 Issue 17, p11
Reports on the National Center for Construction Education and Research's new model agreement for funding standardized open-shop craft training. Allocation of 13 cents per manhour to a company account in a national training trust fund and 2 cents to support the center's activities; Comments by...