Congress considers pipeline project with precedent potential
- Irrigation District Tackles Major System Update. Boudreaux, Erin // Underground Construction;Dec2015, Vol. 70 Issue 12, p16
The article reports on the completion of the 2015 Main Canal Flume Replacement and Other Canal Improvements Project of the Naches-Selah Irrigation District by Battle Ground, Washington-based underground construction firm Tapani Inc. before the start of the April 1, 2015 irrigation season. Topics...
- Estimating Life Cycle Cost of Improved Field Irrigation Canal. Elyamany, Ahmed; El-Nashar, Walaa // Water Resources Management;Jan2016, Vol. 30 Issue 1, p99
The globe is facing an increase in water demand associated with an increase in the world population especially in developing countries. The increasing population urges an additional agricultural land and irrigation water. Traditional system of irrigation water supplier is open canals which allow...
- Greening the Sinai. McWilliam, Fiona // Geographical (Campion Interactive Publishing);Nov95, Vol. 67 Issue 11, p7
Reports on the construction of an irrigation channel that will carry a mixture of Nile and agricultural wastewater and irrigate land located on both sides of the Suze Canal in Egypt. Cost of construction.
- A Gift in the Desert. Hendrix, Evelyn // Spider;Feb2005, Vol. 12 Issue 2, p8
Focuses on irrigation canals. INSET: Canals and Gophers.
- Protecting your irrigation system from lightning. Blakeslee, Dana // Grounds Maintenance;Jun99, Vol. 34 Issue 6, p14
Discusses the installation of lightning detection equipment to prevent damage to golf course irrigation systems. Integration of voltage-limiting devices into the equipment wiring; Disconnection of electrical equipment; Utilization of shunting action and grounding.
- When Did King Cotton Move His Throne (And Has It Moved Back)? Saffell, Cameron L. // Agricultural History;Spring2000, Vol. 74 Issue 2, p293
Focuses on the expansion of the cotton industry in the United States at the start of 1990. Development of the industry upon the opening of irrigation canals; Implementation of the cotton expansion on mechanization and irrigation; Initiation of the cotton development in tractorization.
- Amazon irrigation canal upgraded. Griekspoor, P.J. // Kansas Farmer (0022-8583);Jul2012, Vol. 150 Issue 7, p29
The article reports on the new headgates installed in the Amazon irrigation canal in far western Kansas for better water flow control from the Arkansas River into the canal.
- MASTERY OVER GEOGRAPHY AND THE RISE OF SOCIAL DEVELOPMENT: A CASE STUDY OF THE CANAL IRRIGATION SYSTEM OF THE WEST PUNJAB DURING COLONIAL INDIA. Muhammad, Atta // Academic Research International;Nov2011, Vol. 1 Issue 3, p66
It is the geography that determines social development and, in response, social development changes the meanings of geography. The ability to harness geography, natural resources gave the British an upper hand over the other nations in the 18th and 19th centuries and helped them creating a vast...
- GALERÃA FOTOGRÃFICA Proyecto IrrigaciÃ³n Olmos. // Agro Enfoque;jul2013, Vol. 28 Issue 189, p12
No abstract available.