Using computers as a tool to assist CPD
- Escape from the hamster wheel. MacLachlan, Rob // People Management;11/06/97, Vol. 3 Issue 22, p9
Focuses on the Institute of Personnel & Development's national conference in Great Britain, on October 22-24, 1997, which highlights the need for alternative personnel management strategies. Need to break out from conventional strategies such as total quality management, lean production and...
- Chair and share alike. Pett, Frances // People Management;02/25/99, Vol. 5 Issue 4, p63
Discusses the events that transpired during the meeting of representatives from almost all Institute of Personnel and Development branches in Great Britain on January 27, 1999. Highlights of the event; Important landmarks reached in the meeting.
- The conference value pack. DiVito, Lisa // People Management;8/24/2000, Vol. 6 Issue 17, p57
Presents an overview of the events that form part of the Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development's (CIPD) development strategy. Details of a conference on learning and development; Actions taken by the CIPD to ensure that the events match the customers' needs; Aim of the events.
- Piano forte. Crofts, Pauline // People Management;10/1/1998, Vol. 4 Issue 19, p57
Highlights the national conference of the Institute of Personnel and Development on October 28 to 30, 1998. Theme of the conference; Keynote speakers at the conference.
- `Demarcation disputes as quaint as ration books.' MacLachlan, Rob; Littlefield, David // People Management;7/13/1995, Vol. 1 Issue 14, p12
Discusses the Institute of Personnel and Development (IPD) employment law conference theme `Employment law and practice: 1995 and beyond,' on July 3, 1995 at Westminster's Queen Elizabeth II center. Information disclosed by employment secretary Michael Portillo in his speech at the conference;...
- INSTITUTE NEWS. // People Management;6/28/2001, Vol. 7 Issue 13, p68
Presents news briefs relating to the Chartered Institute of Personnel Development (CIPD). Release of the CIPD annual recruitment survey; Information on the subjects added to the CIPD Web site; Topics discussed in the CIPD publication `Employment Tribunals.'
- EU challenge forces Celtic fox to brush up HR skills. Prickett, Ruth // People Management;5/14/1998, Vol. 4 Issue 10, p19
Focuses on the importance of human resources skills discussed during the Institute of Personnel and Development (IPD) Ireland's 1998 annual conference. Human resources' role in preparing the economy to cope with European challenges; Role of IPD in ensuring that firms are ready for the changes...
- Personnel: `Faculty of the future'. // People Management;11/06/97, Vol. 3 Issue 22, p15
Focuses on the correlation between business success and an efficient personnel management, as highlighted in the Institute of Personnel and Development's national conference in Great Britain, on October 22-24, 1997. Greater influence of personnel management than research & development,...
- Institute news. // People Management;12/04/97, Vol. 3 Issue 24, p51
Presents various reports on the Institute of Personnel and Development (IPD) activities. Continuing professional development pack of IPD attracting much interest at the IPD annual conference in Harrogate; Introduction of the IPD publication `IT Answers to HR Questions'; Professor Karen Legge...