- On the case of the CIA. Shreeve, Thomas W. // Training & Development;Mar97, Vol. 51 Issue 3, p53
Focuses on the training approach developed by the US Central Intelligence Agency (CIA). Contributions of veterans and retired case officers on the agency's training programs; Creation of a task force to expand the CIA's case method; Guidelines in addressing security problems; Growth of the...
- HR Space. // Training & Coaching Today;Mar2009, p16
The article presents questions and answers related to personnel management, including conducting induction processes, using a training needs analysis (TNA) framework and applying interesting ways of presenting Generation Y research to senior managers in a business.
- Human resources management and training needs of Pennsylvania lumber producers. Michael, Judd H.; Leschinsky, Reiner M. // Forest Products Journal;Mar2003, Vol. 53 Issue 3, p28
Presents a study which investigated human resource management and training needs of hardwood lumber producers in Pennsylvania. Methodology; Results; Discussion and conclusions.
- STRATEGY OF PERMANENT EDUCATION OF HUMAN RESOURCES. NAJDESKA, KATERINA ANGELEVSKA; RAKICHEVIKJ, GABRIELA // Tourism & Hospitality Management;May2010 Supplement, p712
Education is a process that takes place throughout life. Education of human resources is necessary throughout the working life and that for all employees (at different managerial and non-managerial levels). Human resources development has primary importance for the company and a great...
- Libyan Nurses and Their Training Needs: An Overview and Analysis of TNA as a Tool to Enhance Nurse Learning and Effectiveness. Mahfod, Joma // GSTF Business Review;Mar2014, Vol. 3 Issue 2, p71
An overview of the concept of Training Needs Analysis (TNA), of existing research in related fields, and an examination of the current practice of TNA for nurses in Libya. The long-term goal is establishment of a research agenda to be implemented in HRM (Human Resource Management) policies for...
- Corporate Training: You Get What You Pay For. Sanchez, Mark // Grand Rapids Business Journal;11/10/2003, Vol. 21 Issue 45, pB9
Provides pieces of advice on planning for corporate training. Assessment of what kind of training the company needs; Sources of training programs; Benefit from customized training.
- Finding, Training & Retaining Employees. Pohl, Ryan // Moldmaking Technology Magazine;Oct2014, Vol. 17 Issue 10, p10
The article presents evaluation of training resources for a manufacturing concern. It discusses process of review of the program by listing and categorizing all training resource materials and sources based on manufacturing functions, conducting training needs analysis and standardization of the...
- Training Needs Assessment: A Must for Developing an Effective Training Program. Brown, Judith // Public Personnel Management;Winter2002, Vol. 31 Issue 4, p569
Training needs assessment is an ongoing process of gathering data to determine what training needs exist so that training can be developed to help the organization accomplish its objectives. Conducting needs assessment is fundamental to the success of a training program. Often, organizations...
- Balancing Outlook: Assessment of Public Service Training in Hong Kong by Providers and Clients. Vyas, Lina // Public Personnel Management;Summer2010, Vol. 39 Issue 2, p149
Do clients and providers embrace similar views on the value and outcome of services? Usually, evaluations by clients of training services in the public sector do not receive serious attention as one group of officials succeeds another. Such a practice severely restricts the prospect of...