Staff injuries that give employers a headache
- MALAYSIA. // Accountancy;Mar1997, Vol. 119 Issue 1243, p83
Reports on the introduction of the Dignity at Work bill in the British House of Lords. Provisions of the bill; Purpose of counteracting bullying at work.
- Remarks on signing the Workforce Investment Act of 1998. Clinton, Bill // Weekly Compilation of Presidential Documents;8/10/98, Vol. 34 Issue 32, p1584
Presents the text of a message given by the president of the United States on August 7, 1998, which deals with the ratification of the 1998 Workforce Investment Act.
- O nouÄƒ perspectivÄƒ asupra hÄƒrÅ£uirii sexuale. POPESCU, Radu Răzvan // Revista RomÃ¢na de Dreptul Muncii;2014, Issue 3, p15
Sexual harassment occurs when an employee makes continued, unwelcome sexual advances, requests for sexual favors, and other verbal or physical conduct of a sexual nature, to another employee, against his or her wishes. According to the Europeean legislation sexual harassment occurs, "when...
- Workplace laws create quandary & heavy workload for attorneys. Duvoli, John // Hudson Valley Business Journal;05/25/98, Vol. 9 Issue 2, p9
Focuses on the workplace law issues that are discussed at a human resources conference conducted by the law firm Jackson, Lewis, Schnitzler and Krupman in the United States. Cost of court trial concerning workplace law issues; Co-sponsors of the event; Basis of nepotism regulation.
- New safety program cuts OSHA visits. Shanoff, Barry S. // World Wastes;Mar1998, Vol. 41 Issue 3, p10
Reports that the US Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) will eliminate visits to companies that implement its Cooperative Compliance Program (CCP). Requirement for states that operate their own OSHA-type programs to create similar campaigns; Used of workers' compensation data...
- OSHA restricts smoking as part of indoor air proposal. Flynn, Gillian // Personnel Journal;Jun94, Vol. 73 Issue 6, p126
Highlights the Occupational Safety and Health Administration's regulation requiring employers to either ban smoking or provide separately ventilated areas. Affected areas.
- MSHA issues final rule. // Pit & Quarry;Nov96, Vol. 89 Issue 5, p4
Reports that the United States Mine Safety and Health Administration published its final rule on examination of work places effective on November 18, 1996.
- OSHA revises confined space standard. // Pipeline & Gas Journal;Jan99, Vol. 226 Issue 1, p6
Reports on the United States Occupational Safety and Health Administration's revision of its policy concerning confined spaces. Provision of unions the right to know the company's confined spaces program; Provision of employees the right to be present when testing air quality in confined spaces.
- OSHA proposes changes in standard. Wilson, Robert Dale // Ceramic Industry;Mar1995, Vol. 144 Issue 3, p18
Reports on the United States Occupational Safety and Health Administration's (OSHA) proposed changes in its work environment permit-required confined spaces standard. Aim of the proposal; Specifics of the proposal.