How to: Benefit from teleworking
- A telecommuting resource list. // Business Credit;Jan1996, Vol. 98 Issue 1, p39
Provides a list of resources on telecommuting. Includes books; Training and rollout packages; Associations to consult with; Internet resources; Seminars to attend; Case studies.
- From the home office. Brown, Randy // Buildings;May98, Vol. 92 Issue 5, p30
Focuses on telecommuting. Benefits of telecommuting; Brief history of telecommuting; How teleworkers connect to an enterprise; How to introduce telecommuting in an organization.
- Doing business on the home front. Scott, M.S. // Black Enterprise;Apr89, Vol. 19 Issue 9, p68
Discusses the popularity of working from home due to the affordability of high-tech office equipment, lifestyle and spirit of entrepreneurship. Success and failure; Starting out. INSET: Taxes and the home office..
- Sending them home to work: Telecommuting. Cote-O'Hara, Jocelyne // Business Quarterly;Spring93, Vol. 57 Issue 3, p104
Discusses the pros and cons of telecommuting for companies and workers. Telecommuting policy of Stentor Telecom Policy Inc.; Factors driving the trend toward telecommuting; Increase in worker productivity; Decline in absenteeism; Use of telecommuting to make it easier to attract and retain...
- Viability of Telework at PROCEMPA. Fetzner, Maria Amelia de Mesquita // CyberPsychology & Behavior;Feb2003, Vol. 6 Issue 1, p15
At the end of the 20th century, telework appears as one of the modalities of flexible work, which is related to new organizational structures as well as to increasing use of technology. It revolutionizes the traditional ways of performing work. Its implementation creates a number of questions to...
- E-mail may soften strike's impact. Sisson, Mary // Crain's New York Business;12/16/2002, Vol. 18 Issue 50, p1
Discusses the role of telecommuting as a tool to help businesses handle unavoidable crises in New York City. Estimated loss of business activity in the city by a day's strike; Approximate number of employees telecommuting daily; Impact of September 11, 2001 terrorist attacks on...
- Telecommuting changing the face of traditional office setting. Leiberman, Lisa // Business Journal Serving Fresno & the Central San Joaquin Valley;08/04/97, Issue 322181, p11
Cites the advantages and disadvantages of the use of telecommuting in business. Increase in employee productivity; Lesser interruptions in the performance of the job; Possible breakdowns in communication between an employee and an employer.
- Telecommuting Exposures. Thompson, Courtenay // Internal Auditor;Oct98, Vol. 55 Issue 5, p67
Reveals that telecommuting risk anticipation can help eliminate financial losses and organizational embarrassment. List of exposures related to employees; Thoughts on telecommuting.
- Home Office Tech. Cole, Stacy // Indiana Business Magazine;Sep2001, Vol. 45 Issue 9
Discusses the increase in the number of telecommuters in the United States as of October 2000. Highlights of the report 'Telework America 2000,' by the International Telework Association and Council (ITAC); Importance of a high-speed computer processor in order to achieve maximum efficiency;...