Facing the music
- Put to the test. // Career World;Jan1997, Vol. 25 Issue 4, p2
Reports on the incorporation of honesty/integrity tests in the hiring processes for employees. Tests as written examinations for the identification of job candidates with a tendency to be dishonest or irresponsible at work; Objective of tests to alert employers to a candidate's possible...
- Content Validation Form. Barrett, Richard S. // Public Personnel Management;Spring92, Vol. 21 Issue 1, p41
Discusses the Content Validation Form as an aid for testing agencies to evaluate their tests for applicants while they are being developed to improve content validity of the final product to enable better selection of candidates. Item-by-item analysis; Symptoms of questionable tests; Test as a...
- Testing/assessment. // Personnel Journal;Mar96 Supplement Recruitment, Vol. 75 Issue 3, p28
Provides information on companies providing employee testing and assessment services in the United States.
- Pretesting reveals more. Gill, Brian W. // American Printer;Mar94, Vol. 212 Issue 6, p92
No abstract available.
- Estimation of the Relative Validity of Employee Selection Tests From Information Commonly Available in the Presence of Direct and Indirect Range Restriction. Hsu, Louis M. // Journal of Applied Psychology;Aug82, Vol. 67 Issue 4, p509
Examines the estimated relative validity of employee selection tests from information commonly available in the presence of direct and indirect range restriction. Condition specified by the federal government agencies necessary for selection procedures; Impact of the procedure on the hiring...
- Testing benefits entrepreneurs. Blecher, Michele Bitoun // Crain's Chicago Business;02/12/2001, Vol. 24 Issue 7, pSB16
Discusses the benefits of using pre-employment tests to ensure that only qualified candidates are hired. Gaining of insight into the skills and personality of candidates; Potential to build staff compatibility; Avoidance of incurring the cost of an average hiring mistake.
- Content validity: A neglected strategy for developing managerial selection tests? Rose, Dale S.; Baydoun, Ramzi // Current Psychology;Summer95, Vol. 14 Issue 2, p138
Presents a content-valid managerial selection test developed through extensive job analysis. Development of managerial selection instruments; Benefits for applicants and the organization; Acceptable levels of criterion validity.
- A USEFUL FREEBIE. // Commercial Law Bulletin;Nov/Dec2002, Vol. 17 Issue 6, p7
Reports on the free hiring test offered by the American Institute of Professional Bookkeepers which can help employers evaluate bookkeeping department candidates. Questions on journal entries, adjusting entries, bank reconciliation, error correction and other areas; Additional modules that...
- Construct Equivalence as an Approach to Replacing Validated Cognitive Ability Selection Tests. Turban, Daniel B.; Francis, David J.; Osburn, H.G.; Sanders, Patricia A. // Journal of Applied Psychology;Feb89, Vol. 74 Issue 1, p62
Demonstrates an approach to replacing validated selection tests to which job applicants may have prior access. Investigation of the equivalence of the experimental and the current tests through correlational analyses, structural modeling and analysis of hiring decisions; Experimental and...