Playing to win
- BOC to sell continental gases operations? // Chemical Week;8/19/1998, Vol. 160 Issue 31, p8
Reports on the decision of British Oxygen Corp. (BOC) to review options for its underperforming industrial gases business in Benelux and Germany. Information on the 1998 second-quarter operating profit of BOC; Sales of BOC.
- Central preservation. Turner, Alf // People Management;3/2/2000, Vol. 6 Issue 5, p56
Describes how gas manufacturer British Oxygen Corp. (BOC) overhauled its human resources (HR) department. Program launched by BOC to address the business' poor performance; Target expenditure reduction in the HR department; Changes in HR roles; Details on the implementation of an HR information...
- QinetiQ switches on its nanomaterial arm. // Electronics Weekly;7/17/2002, Issue 2061, p6
Reports on the decision of QinetiQ Nanomaterials to switch on its first production facility in August 2002 at QinetiQ's site in Hampshire, England. Alliance of the business with British Oxygen Corp. to supply gases for the facility; Capabilities of the nanomaterial technology; Significance of...
- BOC announces launch of its liquefied natural gas business. // Engineer (Online Edition);8/8/2012, p3
The article reports on the launch of a national liquefied natural gas (LNG) business by the British Oxygen Company (BOC) that features no-loss fuelling station technology designed for temperature-conditioning of the fuel prior to being dispensed to eliminate fuel loss from evaporation and venting.
- BOC promotes supercritical waste process. // Process Engineering;Oct2001, Vol. 82 Issue 10, p3
Discusses the collaboration between the British Oxygen Corporation (BOC) and the Chematur Engineering in promoting the use of supercritical water oxidation (SCWO) for environmental applications. Significance of the agreement in the firms' product development and marketing; Information on SCWO;...
- Search breathes oxygen into BOC intranets. // Information World Review;May2004, Issue 202, p4
Reports that British Oxygen Co. (BOC), an industrial gas supplier, has adopted Verity K2 Enterprise, an application software, to improve information access and knowledge management. Number of countries where VOC operates; Information included in the Intranet sites of the company; Reasons for...
- Untitled. // Chemical Week;10/16/2002, Vol. 164 Issue 41, p13
Presents news briefs concerning the chemical industry, as of October 2002. Sale of the small-volume distribution business of acrylic monomers in drums of BASF in Great Britain and Ireland to Honeywell & Stein; Signing of an agreement by the British Oxygen Corp. (BOC) with Vandenborre Hydrogen...
- Airgas to Acquire BOC's U.S. Packaged Gas Business. Westervelt, Robert // Chemical Week;2/4/2004, Vol. 166 Issue 4, p11
Reports on the letter of intent signed by Airgas to acquire the packaged gas business of British Oxygen Corp. Terms of agreement; Remarks from Peter McCausland, chairman and CEO of Airgas, on the acquisition; Impact of the acquisition on the packaged gas and hard good sales of Airgas.
- Full FRS 17 would have increased net assets. // Accountancy;Feb2002, Vol. 129 Issue 1302, p92
If British Oxygen Co. Ltd. had fully implemented FRS 17, Retirement Benefits, in the year ended September 30, 2001, then the net assets in the group balance sheet would have been Â£55.3m higher at Â£2,442.4m. Although Great Britain scheme as measured in accordance with FRS 17's requirements...