Haringey gives green light to police project
- Attracting minorities into teacher education: A model program that works. Banks Jr., Freddie; Butt, Mahmood // Black Issues in Higher Education;02/20/97, Vol. 13 Issue 26, p49
Features the Minority Teacher Identification and Enrichment Program under the Higher Education Cooperative Act of the Illinois Board of Higher Education which aims to increase the pool of minority teachers in Illinois. Features of the program; Background to its development; Phases of the program.
- Hispanics directed toward teaching careers. // Hispanic Times Magazine;Oct/Nov1993, Vol. 14 Issue 5, p28
Argues that the lack of minority faculty to serve as role models for Latino and other minority scholars is a contributing factor in the staggeringly low number of Hispanic teachers across the United States. Colleges enlisting support of Andover Institute for the Recruitment of Teachers (IRT);...
- Minority grads sought for jobs. Coolidge, Shelley Donald // Christian Science Monitor;12/7/95, Vol. 88 Issue 9, p8
Reports about recruiters and recruitment process to find the best and brightest from amongst the minority students from different universities in the US. Proportionate relations of the blacks and white in jobs; Job fairs and representation of top recruiters to find the best; Emphasis on...
- The profession continues to lag in minority hiring. // CPA Journal;May95, Vol. 65 Issue 5, p10
Reports on the finding by the American Institute of Certified Accountants (AICPA) that accounting firms continues to lag behind in terms of hiring minority accountants. Incomparable results to previous survey results due to methodological changes.
- Reaching out to minorities. Bergheim, Kim; Scherr, Jane // Outlook;Winter91, Vol. 58 Issue 4, p24
Focuses on the recruitment of minority accounting graduates in California. Ethnic makeup of accounting classes; Percentage of women partners in accounting firms; Problem with Asian students' lack of communication skills; Scholarships awarded by the Ernst & Young Foundation; California Society...
- How Do You Diversify a Workforce? Rosner, Bob // Workforce (10928332);Mar1999, Vol. 78 Issue 3, p18
Offers suggestions that can help companies start developing strategies to recruit qualified minority candidates. How to find minority candidates; How to train minority employees; How to use the minority in recruiting.
- Army doubles its ethnic intake as policy pays offâ€¦. // Personnel Today;5/14/2002, p2
Reports on the number of ethnic minorities entering the Army. Campaign to overcome racism and discrimination; Increase in the proportion of black and Asian Army recruits; Improvement of diversity throughout the ranks. INSET: â€¦but Met fails to attrack black recruits..
- Post-pestilence redux. Tatum, Wilbert A. // New York Amsterdam News;08/19/99, Vol. 90 Issue 34, p1
Editorial. Comments on the `New York Post' newspaper's criticism of religious leader Al Sharpton's reaction to the inefficiency of the New York, New York government's campaign to recruit more minorities in the police force. Changes in the ownership of the paper; Accusation of fund solicitation...
- Offensively yours. Kennedy, Marilyn Moats // Across the Board;Jul/Aug97, Vol. 34 Issue 7, p53
Asserts on the implication of hiring minorities and/or women in the workforce. How does a recruiting officer search for targeted groups; Problems occurring in targeted searches; Reason why many search firms do not like targeted searches.