CRE asked to help on asylum bill
- European funding for local projects... // Public Finance;10/14/94, p3
Reports that European funding for local projects can weaken local control, according to a report for the Commission for Local Democracy.
- As asylum seekers surge, British beg to differ. Goodman, Geoffrey // Christian Science Monitor;4/21/2000, Vol. 92 Issue 105, p7
Focuses on the immigration policy for asylum seekers in Great Britain, and the public's reaction to an influx of refugees.
- From Bosnia? Go back to Pakistan. Monahan, Jennifer // New Statesman;07/17/98, Vol. 127 Issue 4394, p18
Examines the procedures used in the United Kingdom (UK) when dealing with situations of asylum. Examination of the British Labour Party's policy on asylum; Decision of the British Home Office to reconsider legislation relating to asylum policies; What the review of asylum policies will include;...
- Asylum for refugees. // New Internationalist;Jan/Feb97, Issue 287, p36
Focuses on several large countries' regulation on refugees seeking asylum from danger in their own homeland. United States legislation against illegal immigration; Great Britain's laws on asylum and immigration; African refugees on hunger strike; France introduction of racist immigration laws.
- Notes on church-state affairs: Sweden. Beck, Rosalie; Hendon, David W. // Journal of Church & State;Summer90, Vol. 32 Issue 3, p672
Reports that thirty parish churches in Sweden have begun to offer refuge to political asylums fearing expulsion due to new and tighter regulations concerning them. Number of ethnic Turkish Bulgarians living in Sweden.
- The costs of intervention. Kirschten, Dick // National Journal;10/11/97, Vol. 29 Issue 41, p2048
Relates the debates on the residency status of political refugees from Central America in the United States. Estimated number of refugees; Appeal for exemption from the tight standards by President Bill Clinton; Bipartisan efforts by conservative Republicans from Florida.
- Legislation won't end discrimination at work. Pitcher, George // Marketing Week;5/16/2002, Vol. 25 Issue 20, p31
Focuses on the anti-racial discrimination and inequality campaign of the Commission for Racial Equality in Great Britain. Authority of the agency to enforce anti-discrimination regulation; Variation of the labor standards; Increase of racial tensions and discord.
- Discrimination warning. // People Management;11/06/97, Vol. 3 Issue 22, p11
Reports on Great Britain's Commission for Racial Equality's views on tackling racial inequalities in employment.
- Herman Ouseley. // New Statesman & Society;2/3/95, Vol. 8 Issue 338, p27
Interviews Herman Ouseley, chairman of Great Britain's Commission of Racial Equality. Film, book, play, poem and song that influenced his life; Political figures admired; Threats to freedom and liberty; Books and authors that shaped his political belief.