People and posts
- Retailers sign up to health initiative. // Convenience Store;3/18/2011, p7
This article reports that British retailers have signed up to a health initiative known as Responsibility Deal, a scheme which aims to bring together retailers, manufacturers, government and health groups together in the promotion of healthy eating and drinking.
- Is the promotion party over? Black, Clive // Grocer;8/3/2013, p25
The author comments on the build-up of promotions in the British grocery market.
- First indie retailers day hailed a success. // Grocer;7/9/2011, Vol. 234 Issue 8012, p11
The article reports on the claim by the company Skillsmart Retail that the celebration of the first Independents' Day in Great Britain was successful.
- CAREER MOVES. // Caterer & Hotelkeeper;10/11/2013, Vol. 203 Issue 4798, p54
The article announces several executive appointments and promotions in the hospitality industry in Great Britain as of October 11, 2013, including the appointment of Claire Marion as sales manager at the Jumeirah Carlton Tower hotel in London, England, King Dey's appointment as head chef at...
- Exhibiting? Educate, explain & entertain. Finlay, Debbie // Conference & Exhibition Fact Finder;Sep2004, Vol. 19 Issue 9, p26
Discusses an ongoing debate in the exhibitions industry in Great Britain over the issue of how to encourage new exhibitors into the market and retain their business, as of September 2004. Reasons behind the declining number of exhibitors who participate in exhibitions; Initiatives which have...
- Stock up early to make Christmas a sales winner. // Forecourt Trader;Aug2013, p42
The article narrates how several British retailers are responding to the Kantar Usage Panel data showing that early season sales accounts for 23 percent of all seasonal impulses sales.
- When promotions show weakest link. Samuel, Adam // Money Marketing;7/24/2014, Issue 1447, p34
The article warns manufacturers and distributors of financial products in Great Britain that most problems relating to financial promotions involve faults in the way the product being promoted was constructed.
- Record industry baffled by backlash. // Music Week;4/13/2012, Issue 15, p2
The article reports that the music industry in Great Britain has been criticized for its poor response to recommendations on explicit promotional videos.
- Supermarkets should celebrate British food. Heanen, Peter // Grocer;6/4/2011, Vol. 234 Issue 8007, p20
The author talks about the need for supermarkets in Great Britain to give more support to the British Food Fortnight. According to the author, the event is a national celebration of British food that has long been increasing sales of independent retailers and other participants. The author...