Oklahoma cities fret over proposal to scrap grocery tax
- Idaho Legislators Seek Grocery Tax Repeal. Webster, Keeley // Bond Buyer;2/12/2014, Vol. 123 Issue 34059, p1
The article informs that U.S. Senators Russ Fulcher and Cliff Bayer have drafted a bill to exempt food from Idaho's six percent sales tax as of February 2014. Topics discussed include rules regarding sales tax on groceries in different states of the U.S., annual rebate offered by some states...
- North Carolina. Molis, Jim // Bond Buyer;08/21/97, Vol. 321 Issue 30214, p28
Reports on North Carolina lawmakers' decision to cut on the state's grocery tax for the second consecutive year, effective July 1, 1998.
- Oklahoma proposal would strip grocery tax. Sanders, Lisa // Bond Buyer;10/14/97, Vol. 322 Issue 30251, p3
Reports on a proposed bill by Oklahoma state Representative John Sullivan to remove the state's grocery tax. Sullivan's assurance that the bill will not have any negative effects on counties and cities; Impact on the existing sales taxes in the state.
- June taxable sales in Nevada fall by 0.3 percent. Edwards, John G. // Las Vegas Business Press (10712186);9/6/2010, Vol. 27 Issue 36, pP13
The article reports on the decline in Nevada's taxable sales for June 2010, as compared to its June 2009 figures.
- Oklahoma County Seeks Voter Approval for Sales Tax Hike to Pay for Jail. Williamson, Richard // Bond Buyer;3/14/2003, Vol. 343 Issue 31593, p4
Reports on the plans of Oklahoma City, Oklahoma to put the request for a sales tax increase on vote in May 2003. Utilization of the increased revenue; Amount of annual sales tax expected to increase; Concerns over the use of sales tax revenue generated by the increase.
- Legislature extends deadline. // Journal of Business (10756124);3/21/2002, Vol. 17 Issue 7, pA2
Reports the extension of the deadline of the sales-tax credit for convention-center construction in Spokane, Washington.
- Tax and spend: A plan for real retail revival. Cappo, Joe // Crain's Chicago Business;2/3/97, Vol. 20 Issue 5, p8
Focuses on the experiment conducted in New York City's clothing retail industry by removing the sales tax. Contention that the experiment was successful; Examination of retail sales in Chicago; Description of Chicago politicians look at life; Reasons why a sales tax is a positive way of raising...
- Antitax vote in California sends signal nationwide. Wood, Daniel B. // Christian Science Monitor;6/29/95, Vol. 87 Issue 150, p1
Discusses implications of a vote by Orange County of California in June 1995 against a sales tax increase proposed by the government for the county's bailout. Details about the decision; Reactions to the Orange County vote.
- Illinois considers tax-refund plan. Hall, Susan Bard // Hotel & Motel Management;12/11/95, Vol. 210 Issue 21, p3
Reports on the proposed International Traveler Tax Refund Program on state sales tax in Illinois. Offering of tax-free shopping to international visitors; Details of the program.