IMC, Freeport sign merger deal
- Local public company action. // New Orleans CityBusiness (1994 to 2008);08/04/97, Vol. 18 Issue 5, p3
Focuses on the impending sale by Freeport-McMoran Incorporated of its phosphate fertilizers interests to IMC Global Incorporated. Effects of the sale on the companies; Details on revenues attained by the companies in 1996; Factors which attributed to the revenues attained by the companies.
- IMC gets two thumbs up. // Chemical Market Reporter;09/08/97, Vol. 252 Issue 10, p10
Reports on the US Department of Justice's termination of the waiting period mandatory under the Hart-Scott-Rodino Act of the proposed merger between IMC Global Inc. and Freeport-McMoRan Inc.
- IMC to buy Freeport phosphate unit. // Chemical Market Reporter;08/04/97, Vol. 252 Issue 5, p3
Details IMC Global Inc.'s agreement to purchase Freeport-McMoRan Inc. Impact of the acquisition on the IMC's clout in the phosphate industry; Provisions of the agreement; Amount involved in the deal; Other merger plans of IMC.
- Freeport, IMC ink merger. // Chemical Market Reporter;12/29/97, Vol. 252 Issue 26, p4
Reveals that shareholders of Freeport-McMoRan Inc. have approved the merger of the company and IMC Global Inc., effective December 22, 1997.
- IMC takes over Agrico. Freedman, William // Chemical Week;8/6/1997, Vol. 159 Issue 30, p8
Reports that IMC Global has signed a letter of intent to take control of the IMC-Agrico phosphate joint venture with Freeport-McMoRan. Terms of the deal; Comments of Smith Barney analyst Robert Koort on the deal.
- IMC to enter the food salt business. // Chemical Business;Sep97, Vol. 11 Issue 2, p69
Reports that IMC Global Inc.'s Kalium potash unit has begun production of food quality salt as part of a multi-million expansion at its Hersey, Michigan potash facility. The company's joint venture with Freeport McRan company; Capacity of the Kalium potash unit.
- Freeport to give locals one per cent of income. Balch, Roger // Asian Business Review;Jun96, p11
Reports on the rumored agreement by Freeport Moran to give one percent of its income to local communities around its copper and gold mine in Irian Jaya, Indonesia.
- Indonesia. // Engineering & Mining Journal (00958948);Mar1995, Vol. 196 Issue 3, p20
Reports on Freeport Copper's spectacular intersections at the western extremity of its Big Gossan prospect in Indonesia. Copper and gold as minerals encountered.
- New interest in Grasberg. // Engineering & Mining Journal (00958948);Apr95, Vol. 196 Issue 4, p10
Reports that RTZ PLC has signed letters of intent with Freeport-McMoRan Copper & Gold (FCX) for RTZ America to acquire 21.5 million shares of FCX. Transaction value; Freeport-McMoRan Inc.'s (FTX) restructuring of the majority of its interest in FCX; RTZ and FCX's joint venture in Indonesia.