- Powered by CCC & EMG, Simon & Schuster was nation's largest K-12 electronic publisher in 1997. // Electronic Education Report;09/16/98, Vol. 5 Issue 17, p1
Features electronic publishers (EP) in the United States which topped the `Electronic Education Report' periodical's ranking of K-12 EP for 1997. Simon & Schuster as the nation's largest K-12 EP; Advantage Learning Systems as the most profitable educational software publisher; Jostens Learning...
- Lost in time and space. Zollman, Peter M. // Editor & Publisher;09/20/97 Supplement, Vol. 130 Issue 38, p40
Focuses on the approaches adopted by makers of Web sites on media news to address the problem of confusing terms on Web publications. Changing of Nando.net's news section called `Nation' into Global' and `Stateside'; Tips on making Web sites more understandable to national and international users.
- The character of our content. Beam, Cris // Folio: The Magazine for Magazine Management;10/1/95, Vol. 24 Issue 16, p36
Features several online publishers in the United States. View that the electronic magazine must be autonomous; Online magazine as replications of existing editorials; Hotwired; Time Inc's Pathfinder; Home Arts. INSET: Where to find it..
- Gimme that new-time cyber-religion, maybe. Ellingson, Dave // Las Vegas Business Press;3/20/95, Vol. 12 Issue 11, p18
Reports on developments concerning electronic publishing in the United States. Microsoft's hiring of editors to sift news for distribution on its Microsoft Network; Oracle Corp.'s plan to offer highly controllable, individualized, searchable video news services available digitally through...
- E-mail newspaper. // Quill;Oct94, Vol. 82 Issue 8, p8
Announces the publication of a new international black electronic newspaper/magazine. Disciplines covered by the periodical; Objective of the publication; Specifications of articles to be submitted.
- Online journals: Print publishers move from pilot to full rollout. // Seybold Report on Internet Publishing;Feb97, Vol. 1 Issue 6, p10
Details the effort of science, technical and medical (STM) publishers to launch online versions of their journals. Economic viability of online publications; Academic Press' creation of a SGML master archive; Elsevier's licensing of electronic versions of its printer journals; Springer of...
- As we went to press... // Seybold Report on Internet Publishing;Sep97, Vol. 2 Issue 1, p2
Presents news updates relevant to Internet publishing. Includes Inso's announcement of its two licensing agreements for creating formatted hypertext machine language; Adobe Ventures LP's move to join with venture capital firms August Capital and Bessemer Venture Partners in investing a second...
- Dataware launches new publishing platform. Walter, Mark // Seybold Report on Internet Publishing;Oct97, Vol. 2 Issue 2, p23
Focuses on Dataware's Dataware II, a software platform for accessing and publishing information on the World Wide Web. Knowledge Management Suite feature; Data loading cartridges; Categorization of material being submitted to the database; Contact information. INSET: Librarians have the...
- Reader preference for electronic newspapers. Mueller, Jennifer; Kamerer, David // Newspaper Research Journal;Summer1995, Vol. 16 Issue 3, p2
Studies reader preference for electronic newspapers in the United States. Background on electronic newspapers; Modality question; Background on the Mercury Center which is an experiment of the `San Jose Mercury News' newspaper; Computation of satisfaction scores; Correlation of satisfaction...