CD-R media pricing trends
- CD prices: Why so high? // Consumer Reports;Feb96, Vol. 61 Issue 2, p17
Explains the price gap between compact discs and cassette tapes. Consumers' readiness to pay more for compact discs.
- Norway puts CD prices on Europe's agenda. Ottesen, Kai Roger; Clark-Meads, Jeff // Billboard;07/19/97, Vol. 109 Issue 29, p55
Probes the debate on parallel imports and compact disc prices in Norway, as of July 1997. The ruling of the Norwegian competition authority that GGF, the local labels group, must change its eligibility rules; The effect of two compact disc pricing inquiries in the Netherlands and Italy; The...
- Primo portables you can buy for a song. Sinanoglu, Elif // Money;Apr96, Vol. 25 Issue 4, p170
Presents descriptions of portable compact disc players at affordable prices. Details of the features of players in each of the four price categories; RCA's RP-7913 and Panasonic's SL-S140 in the under $100 category; Panasonic's SL-S240 and RCA's RP-7923 in the $100 to $150 category; Sony's...
- 2x CD-R writer breaks the $1,000 price barrier. // Seybold Report on Desktop Publishing;10/2/95, Vol. 10 Issue 2, p26
Reports on price reductions for CD-recordable systems in the United States. Smart & Friendly; Hewlett-Packard's Windows CD-Writer 4020i; Pinnacle Micro's internal double-speed internal drive.
- Circumstances help retailers prove a point on CD prices. Christian, Ed // Billboard;3/12/94, Vol. 106 Issue 11, p48
Discusses the conflict between compact disc retailers and manufacturers concerning the price in order to maximize sales and profits. Belief of retailers for a lower price; Stagnant sales of classical genre; Introduction of CD budget lines by manufacturers.
- Exec defends labels over price disparity. Clark-Meads, Jeff // Billboard;05/16/98, Vol. 110 Issue 20, p48
Reports the European Commission's planned investigation into the disparity of compact disc prices across the European Union. Incredulity among European music industry executives over issue; Comments of Sony Music Europe president Paul Russell; View that the disparity has to do more with the...
- ZERO-G. // Electronic Musician;Dec2002, Vol. 18 Issue 13, p26
Features the harmonica introduced by Zero-G. Product price; Presence of audio compact disc (CD); Number of idiomatic riffs included in the audio CD.
- Shop smart and easy on the Net. Tunbridge, Nat // Australian Personal Computer;Sep95, Vol. 16 Issue 9, p26
Reports on the findings of PR company, Immedia's survey on United States music stores operating on the Internet. Price and availability of nine popular frontline compact discs (CD); Costs of best-selling back-catalogue CD titles; Factors that contribute to the lower CD prices in the United...
- Continuing decline in CD-recordable prices. // Computers in Libraries;Jun96, Vol. 16 Issue 6, p64
Looks at the prices of CD-Recordable systems. The report that the median price of a double-speed CD-Recordable system fell from $1,299 in December 1995 to $1,195 in March, 1996; The price of quad-speed recorders; More fiscal data relating to prices of the equipment.