DVD holdout Disney and other studios supporting Divx system for DVD
- Video releases in 2001 poised to expand DVD market. // Drug Store News;12/18/2000, Vol. 22 Issue 19, p38
Discusses how the early release of several videodiscs in the United States will help expand the digital video disc (DVD) market in 2001. Changes in the prices of DVD; Statistics of DVD players sold in 2000; Videodiscs to be released in 2001.
- Science Comes Alive. Allen, Denise // Teaching Pre K-8;Feb91, Vol. 21 Issue 5, p12
Reviews two software programs that will transform the way one teaches science. ' Windows on Science'; `Lunar Greenhouse.'
- LASERDISC REDUX. Dick, Jeff T. // Library Journal;11/15/1990, Vol. 115 Issue 20, p36
This article discusses the development and performance of laser videodiscs or laserdiscs (LD) in the U.S. as of November 15, 1990. For viewers with good-sized television screens connected to their stereo systems, the advantages of laserdiscs over VHS tapes are significant. A laserdisc bonus is...
- Videodiscs -- new alternatives to movies at home. HAWKINS, WILLIAM J. // Popular Science;Dec81, Vol. 219 Issue 6, p84
The article offers information on videodisc players as well as benefits offered by them. As reported, videodiscs which not only contain excellent sound quality but also picture are currently available in two formats including laser vision (LV) which uses a laser beam of light to read information...
- New training tools. // Training & Development Journal;Jun82, Vol. 36 Issue 6, p99
Presents the latest in employee training tools. Tabletop 16mm film previewer from Research Technology International; Programmable videodisc system from New Media Graphics Corp.; Various books and publications designed to aid the training of employees; Quality Circle facilitation from BNA...
- DVD arrives... Vizard, Frank // Popular Science;Apr97, Vol. 250 Issue 4, p32
Reports the dgitial video disc (DVD) players that will be introduced on the market in 1997 will be priced higher than previously expected. The quality of image from DVD; Examples of prices from Panasonic, RCA, Toshiba, and Sony; Features that increase the product price; What types of movies...
- Untitled. McGowan, Chris // Billboard;7/17/93, Vol. 105 Issue 29, p84
Suggests several innovations on equipment for additional applications with laserdisc technology. Introduction of combination players; Photo-CD compatibility; Comment on LaserActive multiplayer by Pioneer.
- DVD-ROM drives to outsell DVD players? // Popular Electronics;Oct98, Vol. 15 Issue 10, p28
Predicts that DVD-ROM drives will outsell digital videodisc (DVD) video players. Forecast for United States and European markets; Reasons for the success of digital videodiscs.
- A new spin on videodiscs. Rogers, M. // Newsweek;6/5/1989, Vol. 113 Issue 23, p68
Discusses the recent comeback of the laser videodisc player, which offers razor-sharp images and theater-quality sound but hasn't sold well since its introduction a year ago. Videodisc-CD combo players promise to be a big hit, and prices are dropping on all players. Technology advances;...
- Videodisc players. // Media & Methods;Nov/Dec93, Vol. 30 Issue 2, p20
Compares different features of videodisc players. Pioneer New Media; Sony Education Systems.