DVD+RW: The facts...and frictions
- Which DVD package format will dominate? Renstrom, Roger // Plastics News;6/16/1997, Vol. 9 Issue 16, p14
Reports that no packaging standard dominates for the digital versatile disc (DVD) format in the United States. Reason that the format chosen as standard for DVD packaging will have to be different from the standard jewel box packaging; Description of some of the DVD packaging on the market.
- Hardware pact to clear way for video CD format. Dean, Peter // Billboard;7/10/93, Vol. 105 Issue 28, p3
Reports on the agreement of four major hardware manufacturers to establish a linear, digital, full-motion video format that will broaden the market for software developers interested in putting movies and other video titles on five-inch CDs. Video CD format; JVC, Matsushita, Philips and Sony;...
- Tech reps neutral in DVD war. Hettrick, Scott // Hollywood Reporter;8/15/95, Vol. 338 Issue 27, p8
Reports that computer hardware and software manufacturers are amenable to rival formats of the digital video discs (DVD). Refusal of both sides to back off what is considered to be the format of the future; Expectation that DVD will be the new compact disc standard for movies and computer...
- PAL, NTSC and Video-CD. // Gramophone;May95, Vol. 72 Issue 864, p164
Lists the benefits of Video-CD over traditional VCR recording methods. Disadvantages of production of a single Video-CD for world-wide distribution.
- DVD: Decision vs. delay. Stalter, Katharine; Homer, Steve // Variety;09/30/96, Vol. 364 Issue 9, p80
Focuses on developments related to efforts to develop digital videodisc (DVD) standards. Motion picture industry's reactions to delays in DVD standards; Factors causing the delay; Industry executives' comments.
- DVD hits the jackpot in Vegas. Voland, John // Variety;01/12/98, Vol. 369 Issue 9, p99
Reports on the optimism of video industry executives attending the 1998 Consumer Electronics Show in Las Vegas, Nevada about the digital videodisc (DVD) standard. Increase in sales of DVD in 1997; Strong catalog sales for the DVD format; Sony Corp.'s acquisition of a minority stake in digital...
- Final DVD standard expected within weeks. Hettrick, Scott // Hollywood Reporter;11/8/95, Vol. 339 Issue 38, p7
Reports on Taizo Nishimura of Toshiba Corp.'s disclosure of the December 1995 release of a unified standard for digital video disc technology. Companies involved in the development of the technology; Comments of Bud O'Shea of Sony Pictures Entertainment; Production schedule.
- Sony, Philips to preview digital vid format. Goldstein, Seth; McClure, Steve // Billboard;1/7/95, Vol. 107 Issue 1, p5
Reports that Sony and Philips are proposing standard specifications for a digital videodisc system (DVD). Impact of DVD on videotapes; Oppositions; Findings of the Verity Group, a market research company; Comparison of the picture quality produced by laserdiscs and DVD.
- The Ascent of Man. Scholtz, James // Booklist;12/1/2001, Vol. 98 Issue 7, p660
Reviews the digital video disc package 'The Ascent of Man,' by Ambrose.
- Connections 1. Scholtz, James // Booklist;12/1/2001, Vol. 98 Issue 7, p660
Reviews the digital video disc package 'Connections 1,' by Ambrose.