McDonald Securities hires two veterans
- McDonald to add branches, trust unit. Shingler, Dan // Crain's Cleveland Business;5/16/94, Vol. 15 Issue 20, p1
Reports on the business expansion of McDonald & Company Securities Inc. Plan to open branches in northeastern Ohio; Formation of the McDonald Trust Co. to be based in Ohio in order to keep control of the assets of its deceased clients; Employment growth; New management officers as of May 16,...
- McDonald stockholders authorize split, expanding common shares. Baar, Aaron // Bond Buyer;07/31/97, Vol. 321 Issue 30199, p40
Reports that shareholders of Cleveland-based McDonald & Co. Securities Inc. approved the expansion of the firm's authorized common shares to 50 million. Raising of the quarterly cash dividend; Increasing of shareholder value; Purchase of Alex Brown & Sons Inc. by Bankers Trust of New York Corp.;...
- Ohio audit indicates McDonald may have violated ethics laws. Baar, Aaron // Bond Buyer;08/29/97, Vol. 321 Issue 30220, p1
Reports on a state audit which indicated that McDonald & Co. Securities Inc. may have violated Ohio state ethics law by providing entertainment and political contributions to officials of the Mahoning Valley Sanitary District. Amount spent by the company on entertainment for district employees;...
- Purchase of McDonald fuels KeyCorp for the cross-selling race. Ring, Niamh // American Banker;10/27/1998, Vol. 163 Issue 206, p6
Reports on the impact of KeyCorp's purchase of McDonald & Co. on its investment banking and brokerage businesses. Folding of McDonald & Co. into KeyCorp's configured Key Capital Partners; Advantages of the acquisition to KeyCorp.
- KeyCorp inks $653M deal for securities firm in Ohio. Tarquinio, J. Alex // American Banker;6/16/1998, Vol. 163 Issue 113, p1
Reports that on Monday, June 15, 1998, KeyCorp announced its intention to purchase McDonald and Company, a securities company. Value of the transaction; Circumstances surrounding KeyCorp's decision to acquire McDonald; Comments by Roger W. Gillepsie, chairman and chief executive officer of...
- McDonald booming with flurry of IPOs. Shingler, Dan // Crain's Cleveland Business;3/7/94, Vol. 15 Issue 10, p3
Reports on McDonald & Co. Securities' underwriting deals with nine initial public offerings. Value of the nine stock offerings; Growth of McDonald as a major regional firm; Financial performance of the deals McDonald has brought to the market; Quest for solid returns in deals.
- Investment firms think expansion in 1995. Brown, Ellen // Crain's Cleveland Business;11/28/94, Vol. 15 Issue 48, p13
Focuses on Cleveland-area investment firms Roulston & Co. and McDonald & Co. Securities. Status in 1994; Expansion in 1995.
- McDonald project coup for designer. Bullard, Stan // Crain's Cleveland Business;1/2/95, Vol. 16 Issue 1, p9
Reports that Galvin Design Inc., is designing the six-story headquarters offices of McDonalds & Co. Securities, Incorporated. Goals of Thomas Galvin; Quality efforts in manufacturing and service firms.
- McDonald brings in Ohio exec to carry out rapid expansion. Andrews, Greg // Indianapolis Business Journal;8/22/94, Vol. 15 Issue 21, p3A
Reports on the appointment of Senior Vice President Richard Curry as co-manager of McDonald & Co. Securities Inc.'s Indianapolis, Indiana office and regional manager for the state. Expansion plans in Indiana; Securities broker Dave Knall as Curry's co-manager; Cities under consideration for offices.