Small firm handles sizable Dade deal
- Broward County, Fla., taps underwriters for planned $68 million of refundings. McEntee, Christopher // Bond Buyer;02/19/98, Vol. 323 Issue 30334, p36
Reports that Broward County, Florida commissioners have selected Raymond James & Associates Inc. and Douglas James Securities Inc. to advance refund $68 million of municipal bonds. Series 1991 certificates of participation; Number of deals for the first half of 1998; $180 million port revenue...
- Douglas James Securities says fees to Senator Daryl Jones are legal. McEntee, Christopher // Bond Buyer;06/29/98, Vol. 324 Issue 30424, p40
Reports that Douglas James Securities Inc. is refuting claims by municipal whistleblower Michael Lissack that the firm violated a Florida law by failing to disclose a $200 million Dade County, Florida bond issue. Web site established by Lissack; Company's defense for the fees paid to Senator...
- Small firm gets hand from Goldman to run books on Dade Airports deal. McEntee, Christopher // Bond Buyer;07/23/97, Vol. 321 Issue 30193, p1
Reports on the Dade County official's approval in allowing Douglas James Securities Inc. to run the books on a $200 million airport bond issue as long as Goldman, Sachs and Co. covers both firms underwriting liability on the deal. Questions on Douglas James' capability to handle the deal;...
- Yields Rise as Market Begins to Hum Again. Scarchilli, Michael // Investment Dealers' Digest;1/7/2011, Vol. 77 Issue 1, p9
The article reports on the rise of the weekly yield index of "The Bond Buyer" in light to moderate secondary trading as there is a slowdown of activities after a holiday lull in the U.S.
- Wisconsin's New Leaders Tap Market for $430M. Shields, Yvette // Investment Dealers' Digest;1/7/2011, Vol. 77 Issue 1, p12
The articl reports on the plan of Wisconsin to sell its 20-year general oblication bonds for 430 million dollars to fund bricks-and-mortar capital projects in the first debt issuance of the new administration.
- Top 25 issuers in California. // Bond Buyer;9/11/97 Supplement California, Vol. 321, p22A
Lists the top 25 bond issuers in California, as ranked by principal amount of bonds issued from January 1 through August 13, 1997. Includes California Housing Finance Agency; Anaheim Public Finance Authority; Los Angeles School District; State of California; Bond assignments; Principal amount;...
- Top 25 underwriters in California. // Bond Buyer;9/11/97 Supplement California, Vol. 321, p28A
Lists the top 25 bond underwriters in California ranked by principal amount of bonds issued from January 1 through August 13, 1997. Includes BancAmerica Securities Inc.; Paine Webber Inc.; Merrill Lynch & Co.; Smith Barney Inc.; Number of public finance bankers; Retail sales personnel;...
- Surprisingly strong retail sales rattle market. Patterson, Dean // Bond Buyer;10/16/97, Vol. 322 Issue 30253, p2
Reports on the result of bond trading in the United States on October 15, 1997. Effect of September retail sales and third quarter economic growth on trading; Prices of Treasury bills and bonds of different maturities.
- Top 25 bond counsel in New England. // Bond Buyer;10/21/97 Supplement New England, Vol. 322, p40A
Lists the top 25 bond counsel in New England, ranked by principal amount of long-term bonds issued from January 1 through September 30, 1997. Public finance head; Number of public finance attorneys; Contact information; Includes Mintz Levin Cohn Ferris Glovsky and Popeo P.C.; Palmer and Dodge;...