Oklahoma proposal would strip grocery tax
- North Carolina. Molis, Jim // Bond Buyer;08/21/97, Vol. 321 Issue 30214, p28
Reports on North Carolina lawmakers' decision to cut on the state's grocery tax for the second consecutive year, effective July 1, 1998.
- John Sullivan: A Western wear pioneer. Harrison, K. // Horse & Rider;Aug89, Vol. 28 Issue 8, p38
Profile of John Sullivan, president and owner of Pioneer Wear (Albuquerque, N. Mex.), the world's largest maker of Western-style outerwear. INSET: John Sullivan on the care of contemporary Western wear..
- Oklahoma cities fret over proposal to scrap grocery tax. Sanders, Lisa // Bond Buyer;10/10/97, Vol. 322 Issue 30249, p24
Reports that an Oklahoma lawmaker's proposal to eliminate the 4.5 percent state sales tax on groceries is triggering concern among cities which depend on a local levy for operations and bonded projects. Provision that allows citizens initiatives to call referendums to vote on local grocery...
- MICHIGAN: WEARING TWO HATS. Carvlin, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;10/9/2002, Vol. 342 Issue 31488, p33
Reports that Wayne County Board of Commissioners, Wayne County, Michigan has appointed one of its commissioners John Sullivan to the board of Wayne County Airport Authority. Information on the purpose of setting up the Authority; Composition of the Board.
- Sullivan departs TCG. // American Theatre;Jan98, Vol. 15 Issue 1, p102
Reports that John Sullivan has resigned as executive director and publisher of Theatre Communications Group (TCG). Remarks from Ricardo Khan, president of the board of TCG; National search for Sullivan's successor; Sullivan's career history.
- John Sullivan to assume TCG leadership. // American Theatre;Apr95, Vol. 12 Issue 4, p62
Reports on the appointment of John Sullivan as executive director of the Theatre Communications Group (TCG). Sullivan's background; Education; Previous jobs; Job responsibilities.
- Answered Call. Cheakalos, Christina; Driscoll, Anne // People;12/18/2000, Vol. 54 Issue 26, p81
Profiles John Paul Sullivan, who works as a liaison with the Lakota Indian tribe on the Pine Ridge Reservation in South Dakota.
- AVMA fills lobbyist post. // DVM: The Newsmagazine of Veterinary Medicine;Mar2007, Vol. 38 Issue 3, p20
The article announces the appointment of John W. Sullivan III as the new legislative policy and program coordinator of the American Veterinary Medical Association.
- Florida mayor hostile to atheists. // Freethought Today;Jan/Feb2011, Vol. 28 Issue 1, p13
The article reports on the reaction of Florida Mayor John Sullivan to the members of Atheists of Florida wearing shirts with imprinted message that emphasize the solidity of atheists in the state at a Cape Coral City Council on December 13, 2010.