First Union continues its plunge into municipal underwriting waters
- 1st Union widens commercial realty horizon. // American Banker;8/5/1997, Vol. 162 Issue 149, p5
Reports on First Union Capital Markets Group's opening of commercial real estate offices in the Southwest and Midwest. Appointment of Michael Spoor and Clay Wright as managers of the Southwest office; Appointment of David De Bauche to manage the Midwest office.
- First Union expands to West Coast. // Orange County Business Journal;06/09/97, Vol. 20 Issue 23, p31
Provides information on the expansion of First Union's Capital Markets Group into Irvine, California. Who the office will be soliciting loans to; Name of the person responsible for managing the office.
- 1st Union Capital Markets opens West Coast office. // American Banker;8/16/1995, Vol. 160 Issue 157, p22
Reports that First Union Corp.'s Capital Markets Group has opened a West Coast regional investment banking office based in Los Angeles, California.
- First Union expands into underwriting. // Hudson Valley Business Journal;06/09/97, Vol. 8 Issue 3, p7
Reports on the approval received by First Union Capital Markets Corp. from the Federal Reserve to begin equity underwriting and dealing activities.
- First Union to Buy Everen, become sixth-largest broker. Shields, Yvette; Heaton, Kenneth // Bond Buyer;04/27/99, Vol. 328 Issue 30628, p28
Reports that First Union Capital Market Group Corp.'s purchase of Everen Capital Corp. makes First Union Corp.'s securities arm the sixth-largest retail brokerage in the United States. Comparison between the two companies' ranking, market share, number and amount of issues; Effects of the...
- CRA loans are the newest MBS collateral. Kollar, Mark // Investment Dealers' Digest;11/17/97, Vol. 63 Issue 46, p5
Reports that First Union Capital Market launched its first securitization using the Community Reinvestment Act (CRA) mortgages as its sole collateral with assistance from Bear Stearns Co. Appeal of securities to investors; Target borrowers of CRA loans.
- New directors for 1st Union's investment banking unit. Fontana, Dominick // American Banker;6/7/1996, Vol. 161 Issue 109, p5
Reports on First Union Capital Market Group's appointment of Richard Keating and Jay Braden as new directors of its corporate finance and high-yield origination groups. Responsibilities; Career backgrounds; First Union's hiring of Willis J. Hulings, Brian McDonagh and Ted Wozniak for the...
- First Union hires Hunter for top Florida finance job. // Hudson Valley Business Journal;03/17/97, Vol. 7 Issue 23, p13
Reports on First Union Capital Market Group Corp.'s appointment of Craig M. Hunter as managing director and head of the company's public finance business development efforts in Florida. Hunter's stint at William R. Hough & Co.
- First Union's shrinking of muni unit detailed; firm restates commitment. McEntee, Christopher // Bond Buyer;03/25/99, Vol. 327 Issue 30606, p36
Focuses on First Union Capital Market Group Corp.'s reorganization of its public finance department. Layoffs of bankers and traders in Charlotte, North Carolina and Philadelphia, Pennsylvania; Firm's commitment to municipal bonds.