S&P affirms Chicago rating after querying Devon links
- Agencies study SEC case in Pennsylvania. Demenchuk, Michael // Bond Buyer;10/01/97, Vol. 322 Issue 30242, p50
Reports that Moody's Investors Service and Standard & Poor's have announced their intention to examine the potential credit impact of $71 million in loses that Pennsylvania schools districts suffered at the hands of Devon Capital Management. Securities & Exchange Commission's move to charge...
- S&P's warns on credit quality. // Credit Management;Feb2000, p9
Reports on credit rating agency Standard & Poor's warning on credit quality in its third update on global financial systems. Signs of deteriorating credit quality; Vulnerable financial systems; Report's focus on financial systems where difficulties stem from a credit boom.
- Standard & Poor's Upgrades Eau Claire, Wis., Water Bonds. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;9/10/2003, Vol. 345 Issue 31716, p36
Reports on the upgrade of rating on revenue bonds of Eau Claire, Wisconsin, by standard & Poor's Corp. as of September 10, 2003.
- Standard & Poor's Eases GIC Policy For AAA Structured Housing Deals. Vadum, Matthew // Bond Buyer;4/29/2002, Vol. 340 Issue 31375, p3
Reports the changes in the rating policy on triple-A rated, structured single-and multifamily housing deals for bond issuers by the Standard & Poor's Corp. in the U.S. Modification of the multifamily housing deals; Advancement of the modification to Federal Housing Administration whole-loan...
- Fitch, S&P Upgrade Pontiac, Mich., Ahead of Water and Sewer Offerings. Carvlin, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;5/20/2002, Vol. 340 Issue 31390, p32
Reports the decision of Standard & Poor's Corp. to increase the rating of Pontiac water and sewer bonds in Detroit, Michigan. Changes in the ordinance governing the sewer and water rate increases; Improvements in debt services; Need to develop water and sewer systems.
- Peru Launches US$500mn Bond. // Emerging Markets Monitor;2/3/2003, Vol. 8 Issue 40, p11
Reports that Peru successfully launched US$500mn in 12-year global bonds. Reason for the decision of rating agency Standard & Poor's to affirm the nation's BB-credit rating; Status of the administration's 2003 privatisation program.
- S&P fund sector split divides the industry. Duncan, Chris // Money Marketing;7/31/2003, p18
Discusses the decision of Standard and Poor's Corp. (S&P) to introduce its own global investment fund sectors in Great Britain. Reaction of Investment Management Association towards the move of S&P; Problems associated with Standard and Poor's decision; Reaction of independent financial...
- The Risks and Rewards of Selling Volatility. Nandi, Saikat; Waggoner, Daniel // Economic Review (07321813);2001 1st Quarter, Vol. 86 Issue 1, p31
Discusses the risks and rewards of selling volatility-sensitive options portfolio. Factors that influence the value of the options; Implied and historical volatility of the Standard & Poor's 500; Correlation between returns and volatility.
- As I See It. Dodgson, Gregory E.V. // Grand Rapids Business Journal;7/30/2001, Vol. 19 Issue 31, p25
Reports on the weak performance of Standard & Poor 500 stocks since April 11, 2001. Decline of major indexes to three-month lows; Similar situation of Japan's Nikkei with bank stocks leading the decline.