Congress approves housing subsidy restructuring
- Housing Allowances in the US under Section 8 and in Other Countries: A Canadian Perspective. Steele, Marion // Urban Studies (Routledge);Jan2001, Vol. 38 Issue 1, p81
Housing allowances are provided in the US by the federal government under Section 8 of the 1974 Housing and Community Development Act. This paper compares the design of Section 8 certificates and vouchers with that of Canadian housing allowances and with aspects of design in many other developed...
- $18 million slated for elderly housing. Johnston, Robert D. // Caribbean Business;11/30/1995, Vol. 23 Issue 48, p4
Reports on the legislative proposals for incentives for housing subsidies for elderly citizens in Puerto Rico. Proposed budget allocation for the incentives; Public hearings on the proposals.
- Court says 'no' to rent subsidy program for homeless. BARKER, CYRIL JOSH // New York Amsterdam News;9/22/2011, Vol. 102 Issue 38, p1
The article reports that Manhattan Supreme Court judge Judith J. Gische has ruled that New York City could eliminate the Work Advantage Program which gives subsidized housing to participants in the Department of Homeless Services (DHS) due to budget cuts.
- House easily passes loan program for rural poor. // Human Events;04/25/97, Vol. 53 Issue 16, p22
Reports on the U.S. House of Representative's approval of the Rural Multifamily Rental Housing Loan Guarantee Program. Insurance of rural rental-housing loans by private lenders to low and moderate income families; Sponsorship of the program by Representative Rick Lazio; Statistics of voting...
- Home Improvement Grants in Trinidad and England. Scanlon, Kathleen // Housing Finance International;Mar2011, Vol. 25 Issue 3, p21
The article discusses the enabling policy, a programme in Trinidad and Tobago that subsidised housing improvements created by low-income owner occupiers. It identifies parallels with historic and current housing subsidies in Great Britain. The article also compares and differentiates the issues...
- President Bush Signs Housing Allowance Bill. Busby, Dan // Clergy Journal;Jul/Aug2002, Vol. 78 Issue 8, p29
Reports on the Clergy Housing Allowance Clarification Act signed by U.S. President George W. Bush on May 20, 2002. Estimation of the annual housing allowance tax benefit to ministers; Issue addressed by proponents of the law; Key positions of Professor Erwin Chemerinsky in regard to the...
- HUD sends Congress rules for revamping section 8 subsidies. Meisler, Daniel // Bond Buyer;08/24/98, Vol. 325 Issue 30463, p1
Reports on the completion of the Department of Housing and Urban Development's interim rules on the restructuring of Section 8 subsidies in August 1998, for approval by Congress. Plans for the rules' publication; Restructuring issues; Disputed passage in the 1997 law; Required agreements.
- Q & A. // Assisted Housing Management Insider;2009, Vol. 16 Issue 7, p9
The article provides an answer to a question of how to request to end an occupancy of a tenant to a subsidized unit.
- HUD protects tenants of troubled projects. Jacobs, Barry G. // National Real Estate Investor;Apr96, Vol. 38 Issue 4, p30
Reports that in an effort to protect subsidized tenants in troubled projects the United States Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) has revised the regulations governing the sale of HUD-held family mortgages. Requirements when a delinquent mortgage on a subsidized project is sold;...