Illinois still hopeful on proposed airport despite FAA snub
- Peotone's surprising rescuers. Johnsson, Julie // Crain's Chicago Business;01/12/98, Vol. 21 Issue 2, p1
Gives information on the Peotone airport project. Information on the Federal Aviation Administration's (FAA) decision to remove Peotone from its list of prospects for federal funding; Reference to the Civic Committee of the Commercial Club of Chicago; Details on how the project can receive funds.
- Great moments in risk assessment. Olsztynski, Jim // PHC Profit Report;5/15/95, Vol. 3 Issue 10, p8
Reports that the Federal Aviation Administration moved the air traffic controllers from the control tower of the Toledo airport in Ohio into a truck equipped with a radio communications setup after finding asbestos in the tower.
- Centerfield Taxiways to the Rescue. // Air Safety Week;8/28/2006, Vol. 20 Issue 34, p1
The article reports on the new centerfield taxiway proposed for the Boston Legal International Airport in Massachusetts. Several reasons have been cited by the U.S. Federal Aviation Administration on the importance of the centerfield taxiway. The airports have encountered lots of accidents that...
- FAA shoots down Illinois' plans for third Chicago-area airport. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;08/11/99, Vol. 329 Issue 30702, p40
Reports on the United States Federal Aviation Administration's refusal to review Illinois' proposed regional airport. Lack of support for the project; Opposition to the proposal.
- Will the airlines support peotone? Let's end mystery. // Crain's Chicago Business;02/01/99, Vol. 22 Issue 5, p10
Opinion. Comments on the proposed regional airport near Peotone in Illinois. Delays in the United States Federal Aviation Administration's completion of an environmental-impact statement; Controversy concerning the amount allocated for the proposed airport project; Concerns about Chicago Mayor...
- NEW APPROACH FOR EL TORO? Brennan, Peter // Orange County Business Journal;05/22/2000, Vol. 23 Issue 21, p1
Reports on the plan of the Orange County, California government to move the flight pattern of airplanes at the El Toro Airport. Presentation of flight plans at a hearing by the county supervisors; Goal to minimize intrusion into residential areas; Subjection of the plans to the approval of the...
- New Yorkers work to ground new air plan. Lipowicz, Alice // Crain's New York Business;05/04/98, Vol. 14 Issue 18, p3
Reports on plans by the United States Federal Aviation Administration, to redesign airline flight paths, to smooth traffic and ease delays. Where the redesign is expected to start; Reference to an increase in noise levels at John F. Kennedy and La Guardia airports; Who is supporting the...
- FAA and Stratford prepare for airport dogfight. Strempel, Dan // Fairfield County Business Journal;2/4/2002, Vol. 41 Issue 5, p1
Reports on the possibility of a conflict between the U.S. Federal Aviation Administration and the town of Stratford, Connecticut. Safety improvement plans for the Sikorsky Memorial Airport; Effect of the re-routed main street on the emergency response time; Aim of the town to have greater...
- Feds Challenge Noise Plan. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;5/31/2012, Vol. 380 Issue 33723, p7
The article reports that the Federal Aviation Administration has disapproved a portion of the noise-mitigation plan for the Fort Lauderdale-Hollywood International Airport in Broward County, Florida.
- Noise mitigation plans are submitted for Florida airports. Gilbert, Gordon A. // Business & Commercial Aviation;Jul97, Vol. 81 Issue 1, p24
Reports that the United States Federal Aviation Administration is expected to approve or disapprove proposed FAR Part 150 noise compatibility programs at two airports in Florida, in the fall of 1997. Names of the two airports; Contact information.