Munis end down; a `pretty ugly' market dwindles as day wears on
- Municipals Mark Moribund Monday Ahead of New Bond Issues, New Data. Monsarrat, Sean // Bond Buyer;4/23/2002, Vol. 340 Issue 31371, p2
Reports bond market developments in the U.S. as of April 2002. Status of municipal bonds after market participants logged a second straight moribund trading session; Performance of Treasury bills; Observation on secondary market trading.
- Municipal Bond Prices Rise 1/4-Point in Modest, Post-Holiday Trading Activity. Monsarrat, Sean // Bond Buyer;07/06/2000, Vol. 333 Issue 30926, p2
Reports on developments concerning the municipal bond market in the United States on July 5, 2000. Gains posted by long-dated bonds; Total worth of the 30-day visible supply calendar; Gains posted by Treasury bonds; Secondary market trades; Dollar-bond trading outcomes; Debt futures market...
- MARKET STATISTICS. // Bond Buyer;9/4/2001, Vol. 337 Issue 31216, p43
No abstract available.
- N.Y.S. GOs, Pennsylvania housings lead primary, prices end higher. Showalter, Monica // Bond Buyer;03/10/99, Vol. 327 Issue 30595, p2
Reports on the municipal securities trading activity in the United States on March 9, 1999. Rise in prices of tax-exempt bonds due to rising Treasuries and higher-than-expected productivity numbers; Attribution of municipals' price gains to technical stabilization; Pricing and re-pricing of the...
- As the muni market evolves, will Treasuries stay relevant? Ryst, Sonja; McDonald, Michael // Bond Buyer;08/16/99, Vol. 329 Issue 30705, p6
Focuses on the effects of the evolution of the municipal bond market on the Treasuries in the United States. Federal government redemption of an undetermined amount of outstanding 30-year bonds; Improvement of the price and performance of the Treasuries.
- Municipals end unchanged to up 1/8, tracking narrow range ahead of Y2K. Monsarrat, Sean // Bond Buyer;01/03/2000, Vol. 331 Issue 30799, p2
Presents news briefs pertaining to the municipal bond market in the United States as of January 3, 2000. Includes the decline in the number of applications for unemployment insurance benefits; Decline of the Chicagoland Business Barometer in December 1999; Treasury Department's plan to auction...
- MARKET STATISTICS. // Bond Buyer;6/13/2002, Vol. 340 Issue 31406, p36
Presents several charts depicting the bond market in the U.S. as of June 2002. Changes in the municipal bond index; Details on the bid for treasury bills; Ratings and prices of bonds.
- Munis Weaker Following Treasury Losses. Scarchilli, Michael; Campbell, Dakin // Bond Buyer;7/6/2007, Vol. 361 Issue 32665, p2
The article looks into the performance of municipal bonds and Treasury bills in the bond market in the U.S. as of July 5, 2007. Municipal bonds experienced a weaker status following losses in the Treasury market. Tax-exemption yields increased by three to five basis points though a trader...
- Munis end down, beating Treasuries; Merrill Lynch wins Pennsylvania GOs. Showalter, Monica // Bond Buyer;06/03/99, Vol. 328 Issue 30654, p2
Presents bond market trends in the United States for June 2, 1999 highlighted by municipal bonds outperforming Treasury bills. Range of trading prices of the securities; Factors attributed to municipals' dominance.