Chalk and cheese
- Performance-based principal evaluations: The first step in educational reform. Johnson, Janice K. // Contemporary Education;1996, Vol. 67 Issue 2, p99
Discusses performance criteria for principal evaluations based from public hearings conducted among parents, staff and community members. Includes instructional leadership; Management; School and community relations; Human relations.
- Grading principals: Administrator evaluations come of age. Murphy, John A.; Pimentel, Susan // Phi Delta Kappan;Sep96, Vol. 78 Issue 1, p74
Describes a way to evaluate public school administrators that is different from the widespread emphasis on rule-compliance. Use of a results-based evaluation and profit-sharing system in Charlotte-Mecklenburg Schools (CMS) in North Carolina; Sample principal evaluation summary; Sample questions...
- A view from the schools: Two principals speak. Moore, Addie; Slade, Fred // Phi Delta Kappan;Sep96, Vol. 78 Issue 1, p76
Presents the authors' experiences as principals in the Charlotte-Mecklenburg Schools (CMS) in North Carolina, following reform of the principal-evaluation system. The first author as principal of Pinewood Elementary; The second author as principal of Reedy Creek Elementary School; The reforms'...
- The politics of principal evaluation. Davis, Stephen H.; Hensley, Phyllis A. // Thrust for Educational Leadership;Sep/Oct99, Vol. 29 Issue 1, p22
Focuses on how principals and superintendents view the principal evaluation process. Accountability and evaluation of principals; Consistency and quality of the evaluation process; Effects of school politics on evaluation.
- â€˜Superteachersâ€™: The views of teachers and head teachers on the Advanced Skills Teacher grade. Blake, David; Hanley, Vince; Jennings, Mike; Lloyd, Michele // Research in Education;May2000, Vol. 63 Issue 1, p48
This article reports on teachers' views on the concept of and proposals for the government's Advanced Skills Teacher initiative and related issues such as the notion of excellence, performance-related pay, fast tracking, motivation and teachers' career development. Data were analysed from a...
- Our decisions must stay true to our core principles. Iannuzzi, Richard C. // NYSUT United;Mar2012, Vol. 2 Issue 7, p3
An introduction is presented in which the editor discusses the agreement on teacher and principal evaluation in New York as well as its impact on the quality of education in the state.
- Sharing craft knowledge: The soul of Principal Peer Assessment. Abbott, James E. // T H E Journal;Nov97, Vol. 25 Issue 4, p97
Discusses the Principal Peer Assessment model for evaluating school principals in Los Angeles, California. Sharing of reflective knowledge among principals; Principal new skills profile; Quality indicators for measurement improvement; Emphasis on personal self-mastery.
- EVALUATING THE PRINCIPAL'S PERFORMANCE: AN ESSENTIAL STEP IN PROMOTING SCHOOL EXCELLENCE. Lindahl, Ronald A. // Education;Winter87, Vol. 108 Issue 2, p204
This article discusses some of the basic principles of performance evaluation, concentrating specifically on their application in the evaluation of school principals. It is based on the efforts of a large urban school district to develop an evaluation system for principals which would serve both...
- 2013 EDITORIAL CALENDAR. // Principal Leadership;Sep2012, Vol. 13 Issue 1, p74
An editorial calendar of articles that will be featured in the magazine in 2013 is presented which includes articles on principal and teacher evaluations, supporting teacher achievement, and ethical leadership.