- 8 EASY STEPS TO INTERVIEW SUCCESS. // Travel Weekly Australia;Mar2013, Issue 201, p16
The article offers suggestions for job aspirants in travel industry on the etiquettes for attending an interview. It informs that dressing appropriately for the recruitment process can enhance the chance of getting hired and mentions that being extrovert reflects the interest of a candidate for...
- The effective management of diversity. Carter, Elaine; Kepner, Elaine; Shaw, Malcolm; Woodson, William Brooks // Advanced Management Journal (03621863);Fall82, Vol. 47 Issue 4, p49
Provides several guidelines in managing workplace diversity. Impact of cultural diversity on a workforce; Factors that managers can consider in developing awareness of the sociocultural orientation of employees; Disadvantages of stereotyping in the management.
- ANALYSIS OF SELECTION AND RECRUITMENT IN THE PUBLIC ADMINISTRATION. Secară, Carmen Gabriela // Agricultural Management / Lucrari Stiintifice Seria I, Managemen;Apr2010, Vol. 12 Issue 2, Special section p1
In the context of a competitive economy, human resource is seen as a strategic resource of organizations, either we talk about private sector institutions, or institutions of the public field. The approach of this article is related to the rationalization of selection and recruitment activities...
- Work-Life Balance In Hospitality: Experiences From A Geneva-Based Hotel. Lewis, Robert A. // International Journal of Management & Information Systems;2010 4th Quarter, Vol. 14 Issue 5, p99
This study, carried out on 30 employees in a Geneva-based hotel, argues that employee work-life balance issues are affected by human resource policy. Questionnaires, containing attitude scales and open-ended questions, revealed that employees remained in their jobs because of work-life...
- The dating dilemma. // Public Management (00333611);Feb97, Vol. 79 Issue 2, p3
Presents advises pertaining to personal relationships between government employees in the United States. Guidelines for personal relationships; Search for alternative employments.
- Throwing a party without a hangover. Scully, Carla Zanetos // Candy Industry;Oct2000, Vol. 166 Issue 10, p22
Presents an article about company parties for employees and their families. Description of a boring Christmas party; Benefits of the party on a company.
- A matter of manners. Hanson, Cynthia // Cosmopolitan;Jun96, Vol. 220 Issue 6, p59
Presents etiquette tips at work. Avoidance of gossip; Learning to dress appropriately; Gift-giving to co-workers; Importance of sending thank-you notes.
- Do employees' manners matter? Flynn, Gillian // Personnel Journal;Jan96, Vol. 75 Issue 1, p24
Presents a question and answer segment to employees and managers from Barbara Pachter, a Cherry Hill, New Jersey-based business communications and etiquette expert, on manners and etiquette.
- A sobering thought. Greilsamer, Marc // Across the Board;Jan1995, Vol. 32 Issue 1, p62
Focuses on after-work cocktails. Explanation by management psychologist on why after-work cocktails are dwindling; Positive results in terms of employee relations.